chapter 10

Winter break had found its cease, and school resumed. Nearly everybody, including the staff members, were all sleepy and unprepared to go back to school. It was a rough transition.

Johnny was seen with his much needed coffee, sipping away. He was approached by Jennie and Nayeon, who was equally desperate for energy.

"Let me have some of your coffee." Nayeon had said when they were in hearing range.

"Not even a please?"

"Ugh. Fine. Please?"

Johnny was satisfied with himself, and handed her his cup. Taeyong soon came, taking off his hat. "Hey, guys."

They all greeted him, still not too excited to be up at school again. Johnny peered through the proud, looking at all the returning students. "Here comes Mr. Jeon."

They all turned to their principal, who was conversating with a student, who Johnny thought he recognized. "Oh my god..."

Nayeon turned to him. "What is it?"

"I think I know her.."

Taeyong looked closely and put the pieces together. It was his and Johnny's childhood friend. And Taeyong's first love.

"Is that... Yujin?" Taeyong went forwards to Johnny, never taking his eyes off of the new student, following and listening to Mr. Jeon. Her chestnut hair was all the way down her hips, her skin was as pale as it always been, and immaculate. Johnny nodded.

"I'm pretty sure she is." Johnny whispered, still staring at the scene.

Jennie and Nayeon shared confused looks. "Who is, Yujin?"

Taeyong was still in a trance when Johnny finally explained.

"Yujin is our old childhood friend. She moved away a long time ago."

"She's really pretty." Nayeon commented. Jennie nodded in agreement.

"She was Taeyong's first love as well."

Taeyong's brain played all of his childhood memories of Yujin. She had hair down to her shoulders, her almond shaped eyes held all the wonders of the world as a 6 year old did.

Taeyong was always giddy around Yujin. He looked forward to seeing her everyday at school, playing with her dolls during playtime.

Yujin made her way around the boys. "Oh my gosh, Johnny? Taeyong?" Her face lit up, straying away from Mr. Jeon to approach the two boys she had known.

"Yujin! You're actually here?' Johnny was the first to approach the girl, embracing her in a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm great, Johnny! You're so tall," she blinked rapidly, processing it all. "I remember being taller than you at one point." She turned her body towards Taeyong, who was awestruck.

"Taeyong Lee! You're so much different too." She embraced him too. It took Taeyong to respond, holding Yujin tight.

"You as well. You're so beautiful." He commented. Johnny nodded in agreement, while Yujin blushed.

"Thank you." She grinned. She noticed the two watching their exchanges, silently. "And who might you guys be?"

"I'm Jennie Kim, and this is my friend Nayeon. We're friends of Taeyong and Johnny."

"You guys think I'm beautiful? I feel a bit lacking when I look at these two girl friends of yours," Yujin asked her friends, crossing her arms.

"Them being them doesn't ignore the fact you're beautiful as well." Johnny reassured her, rubbing her shoulder.

"Look, let us look at your schedule." Taeyong held out his hand. Yujin handed him her paper, waiting for his response.