Chapter 13

Ben and Jack now found themselves walking through the thick jungle been led by Xara towards the 'great evil' that he had promised to kill. Xara walked ahead scouting the way, which Ben didn't mind as her ass looked amazing in the leather pants. Woof kept up the rear, watching out for any danger, ready to protect his friends.

"Mate you look like the cowardly lion from the wizard of oz." Jack said with a smile as he hacked a large branch with the short stubby sword he had been given.

"Shut up!" Ben said nervously. He was fully aware of how he looked, dressed in the stupid outfit and now holding a long golden spear. His knees where practically knocking together. God why the hell had he promised to kill this thing? He was starting to think he'd been seduced into it.

"Mate I feel like an adventurer doing this shit." He happily said as he hacked away at another branch.

"You don't look like one in that union Jack onsie."

"What you on about? I look well dapper in this, like a cooler Indiana Jones."

"I think you mean gayer not cooler."

"Aw mate, not cool." Jack said with a half smile.

"Shush!" Xara said as she crouched low. Ben and Jack both became quiet, and went and crouched next to Xara's side. Ben's heart was racing, he was sure he was on the verge of a panic attack, he was shitting himself.

Xara had led them to the edge of a small clearing, where they were now crouched behind some bushes. In the middle of the clearing was a camp. Four large green tents circled around a fire; a metal kettle was hanging over it. Ben was starting to worry now, were these the evil he had to kill? He couldn't take it no more.

"Is this the evil thingy? That weapon from god?" He said with a dry mouth.

"No." Xara said without even looking at him, she was focused on the camp. The kettle in the fire started to whistle as it spewed out steam from its spout. A lady wearing a white blouse and a long black ankle length skirt came rushing out of one of the tents. She was youngish, with her hair up in a bun. Picking up a metal rod she hooked the kettle and took it off the heat then disappeared back inside the tent she came from.

"What are we doing here?" Ben asked quietly.

"Follow me and keep low." Xara said as she moved quietly from out behind the bush and made her way over to the tent. Ben and Jack looked at each other in alarm, would they have to kill? Not sure what to do they quietly followed and joined Xara behind the canvas tent. Woof stayed in the tree line, watching with curiosity. Xara brought her finger up to her lips to signal for them to be quiet, she than slowly slid her sword out it's sheathe.

Ben gulped. Shit was about to go down and he so wasn't ready. He gripped his spear in fear.

Xara made her way around the side of the tent, closely followed by Ben and Jack. Voices could be heard from inside, light happy voices with a pronounced English accent. They had no idea a seemingly psycho princess was waiting outside to kill them.

Xara rushed around the corner of the tent and made her way quickly inside. Ben and Jack rushed after her.

Inside the tent was a small coffee table set with delicate china for two people and two leather armchairs. In one of the chairs sat a surprised man, he was wearing a tweed suit, a small pair of reading glasses and had a curly moustache. He was half way through reading an oversized newspaper. The lady who had retrieved the boiling kettle was currently stood frozen in place about to pour a cup of tea. Xara had her sword lightly pressing into her lower back.