Chapter 4

RECAP:

"Hey Brenda. Can I ask you a question?"

I looked at her.

"Ofcourse" She said with a small smile.

"But, you've got to answer it no matter what" I gave her a pointed look while saying that, referring to all the times she avoided the question.

Brenda's shoulders slumped and she looked at her lap. She looked like she knew what I was going to ask her. I mean I did make it pretty clear. She sighs and finally looks up. "Ok, now shoot"

I take a deep breath "Wha-..what happened to my parents?"....

~~~~~~

Maddy's POV~~

Brenda stared at me for a while and I stared back before she answered my question. She sighed once again.

"Well, I guess someone had to tell you one day or the other." She said fiddling with her fingers. I waited impatiently for her answer.

"So....?" I asked. I was really nervous for what she was going to say, although, there was no doubt that it was going to be bad.

"Your parents....they uh...they.." Brenda was at a loss of words.

"Tell me already" I say, and it sounded like something between a whine and a sigh. Brenda looks at me and takes a deep breath.

"Your parents didn't make it.." She blurts out quickly and looks at her hands.

I gape at her, she can't be serious! right? NONONO just no. I cant believe it. And then BAM! it all hits me like a bucket of bricks.

I lost them.

They are GONE.

I should be crying, but no. I just sit there with my mouth agape and look at the wall. I'm too numb to have any emotions, although, I'm screaming inside.

Brenda looks up from her hands. "Maddy, honey, are you okay?" She looks worried yet confused. Confused probably because I didn't react nor did I say anything.

"Peachy" I reply. But my voice doesn't sound like my own, it sounds robotic. I have lost all emotion and I am numb.

"I'm tired, I am going to go to sleep" I say as I lay down. Brenda is frowning right now.

"Okay-" she says while standing up. "Listen, I'm so sorry Maddy if there's any thing I coul-"

"Save it" I say with attitude yet annoyance. My voice sounds eerily cold. And I notice that what I said was a bit harsh.

"I mean, I'm okay thanks" I say. I look down at my lap. Brenda nods, then leaves me to sleep, but she still looks worried.

As I lay down, all of what just happened processes in my mind. And the more I think of it, the more my heart breaks. I recall all the good and bad memories I've had with my parents. And I can feel my heart slowly and painfully breaking into pieces.

I inwardly scream at myself to stop because I'm torturing myself, but I cant.

After a few painful minutes of racking sobs, I say "Im okay."

I take a deep breath, "I'm okay" I say one more time softly but with confidence to remind myself, that I WILL BE OKAY-even if I'm not right now.

Soon I fall into an uncomfortable slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So here's another update! YAYYY I know it's short. But hey at least I updated.

I think I'm going to have one or two more chapters where she's still at the hospital, and then the chapter after that imma have a TIME JUMP!!! What do u think?

Hmmmm

~Aleelee~