Chapter 2

Maddy's POV~~

I woke up to a killer headache and an annoying beeping noise. I groaned with my eyes still closed as I tried to get up but a piercing pain at my side stopped me.

My eyes shot open as I took in my surroundings. Everything was almost white. There's were machines attached to my body, and I realized I was In a hospital. That's what the beeping noise was, my heart monitor.

Wait...why am I even here? I tried to remember, and that's when it hit me. All the memories of that day came flooding in.

Suddenly my heart started to ache. It literally felt like my heart broke into pieces. How could he do that to us? I mean we were his family for goodness sake! And he loved us...he loved us alot. At least that's what I thought.

And then I lost it. I started crying uncontrollably. Why me? Out of all the people out there why me? What did I ever do to deserve this?

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I heard the heart monitor beeping louder and faster. Nurses came rushing in. They told me to calm down, but I just couldn't. Then a doctor came in and injected me with something.

Soon everything started to get blurry and I started to calm down. Then everything went black.

******

I woke up again to the super annoying beeping noise. But this time I knew exactly where I was and why I was here.

"Hello, sweetheart. How are you feeling?" The nurse said. I snapped my head to right, in her direction. I immediately regretted it as pain coursed through my head.

"Ow, well that wasn't a smart move" I mumbled.

"What's that sweetie?" The nurse asked.

"Oh no I'm sorry I just didn't know you were here, and well I kinda looked your way too quickly and my head hurts a lot now."

"Oh I'm sorry if I frightened you." she said with a worried expression. I shook my head with a smile to say it's ok. The nurse really kindly smiled and said

"Your head I'm pretty sure hurts because you had concussion."

My mouth formed and O and my eyes went wide as I remembered when I hit my head as I fell to the floor when my dad...shot me.

Tears brimmed my eyes and the nurse came closer.

"Oh honey, no your okay! It's all okay, it was just a minor concussion! Your gonna be okay sweetie" she said soothingly.

Little did she know that I was crying about something way more bigger than a stupid concussion. I wiped my tears away with back of my hand and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Thank you..." I took a look at her name-tag "... Brenda" I finished with a smile that was somewhat forced since my head really hurt and I felt tired even though I had just woken up.

"Oh it's no problem sweetie" Brenda said.

"And your name is..."

She took a look through her files while trying to remember my name .

"It's Maddy" I said.

"Ah, yes! I forgot! sorry about that dear" she said, "this is a sign that I am getting old" she chuckled.

"It's ok Brenda" I said with an honest smile. Brenda was kinda right, I guess she was getting old, but I don't think that's bad. She wasn't old enough to be called a granny,but, I guess you know what I mean. she's is incredibly sweet too.

"I feel really sleepy " I told Brenda.

"Oh yah! You must be, it's the medicine that's making you drowsy. I guess that's good since you do need some sleep to recover" she said while getting ready to leave.

"See you later Hun" she said.

"Yah, see ya" I simply replied, before I slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Here is the second chapter, YAYYY! This was like a filler chapter.

I'm really excited for what I have planned for the story plot to be.

I swear the next chapter is going to be more interesting!!this story gets better!

Lastly.... don't forget to vote and comment! it only takes a few seconds :D

~Aleelee~ ✌️