Chapter 1

"This is the day it all went wrong... This is the day it all started.....This, is my twisted life story"

******

Maddy's POV~~

"Maddy! Dinner is ready!" My mom yelled. I groaned not wanting to leave my bed. I was reading THE FAULT IN OUR STARS it's an awesome book. Oh and by the way I'm 14 years old.

"Maddison Hathaway! are you coming or am I gonna have to finish the spaghetti by myself?"mom playfully yelled. Hearing the word spaghetti I bolted out of bed yelling

"COMING!" On my way down.

If you guys haven't noticed yet, I'm in LOVE with spaghetti. I ran down the stairs taking a seat at the table, already serving myself. Call me a pig I don't care.

"That's what I thought" my mom said, with an award winning smile etched on her beautiful face. My mom has always been really pretty. I lightly shoved her on the shoulder as she pretended to eat all the spaghetti.

"Mom!" I whined.

"Okay,okay I was just kiddin!" My mom said in mock surrender.

"When's dad coming home?" I asked my mom. He is usually home by now. My moms mouth formed an O as she said

"Oh yeah, I was gonna call him, I forgot!" I laughed at my moms face, it was priceless! She didnt like it when she forgot things for some reason. I chuckled a bit, and she pouted.

She picked up the phone and started dialling the number. I watched her while eating. She put the phone to her ear as she waited for him to pick up. He didn't. She tried again twice. A frown formed on her perfect face,

"Well that's odd" she said to herself.

"He never misses a call from home."

We stayed there in silence. "Maybe he's caught up in some work." I said.

"Yeah maybe," my mom said smiling not sounding convinced at all.

Just then the door bell rang. My mom got up

"That must be him! I'll get it!" My mom went to the door while I stayed eating.

"Drew?" I heard my mom say my dad's name as if she couldn't believe something. I shrugged it off thinking maybe he got her a surprise?

"Melanie get out of my way!" I heard my dad yell. My eyes went wide, my dad had never spoken in that tone before, especially to my mom.

"Drew what happened!?" My mom yelled sounding really shocked.

"Melanie I said GET OUT OF MY WAY!" My dad boomed. That's when I started getting really scared. I dropped my fork, and stood up trembling.

"Ow!" I heard my mom yell when dad shoved her out of the way. My dad came in dragging his feet behind him with bloodshot eyes. He was clearly drunk.

He started coming towards me. "Maddy" he said as his eyes softened and sadness washed his face.

My mom got off the ground and came after my dad.

"Drew your drunk! What are you doing!?" My mom yelled trying to stop my dad to come my way.

"Melanie leave me alone" my dad said calmly in a warning tone. He pried my moms hands off his shirt.

He continued coming my way. But he didn't look that dangerous, because once he looked my way, again sadness took over his face. He came up to me and cupped my face lightly, like he usually does.

My mom stood there behind him with a shocked face. My dad NEVER drinks.

"Maddy, I just want you to know how much I love you..."he said softly. he then kissed my forehead just like he usually does. He then let me go, with tears in his eyes.

"What's going on here?" I thought to myself. Then he shoved his hand into his pocket while me and my mom watched curiously. He pulled out a....what's that? A gun!?

"Drew what do you think your doing!!!??" My mom yelled/screeched. I started backing away, crying silently. I have never EVER been so scared in my life.

My mom was in front of me protecting me as he held the gun up.

"Just remember that I love you guys SO MUCH" he said pointing the gun at mom. I whimpered.

"Drew no! Please no! You don't know what ur doing! Please stop Drew, I'm begging you!" My mom yelled while crying really hard.

Dad looked at her for a while with a pained and guilty expression and said "I love you" for the final time. He pulled the trigger and my mom fell to the ground a red pool of blood forming under her.

Her eyes were dull with no life. I stared at her lifeless body as I felt my heart shatter. I hugged my mom on the ground crying on her.

"Maddy" I heard my dad say. I opened my eyes and quickly stood up looking at him with frightened eyes.

"What did I do?" I whimpered slowly finally trusting my voice enough to speak.

"Be brave darling"he said. I started feeling really dizzy. My dad pointed the gun at me and pulled the trigger. I felt a piercing pain at my side and I screamed at the top of my lungs. My vision started to get blurry as I fell to the ground clutching my side.

The last thing I heard was the gun go off again and some other people screaming, but soon those faded away as blackness consumed me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I updated my first chapter! Yay!! COMMENT what U think about it please and don't forget to vote...it only takes a second :)

I'll only start writing the second chapter if I know that someone is actually reading this. Because I have other important school work to do and I don't want to waste my time writing this book if no one is reading :(

On the side is a picture of Lucy hale and i imagine her to be Maddy Hathaway

I promise I'll start writing as soon as I see a vote or a COMENT ;)

So see ya then!! :D

~Aleelee~ ❤️