Chapter 3

Maddy's POV~~

I woke up to a beaping noise...once again, but I guess I could say I've grown used to it. To be honest it kinda makes me calm down, it has this soothing rhythm to it.

Anyways, this is my second day here...at least I'm pretty sure it is and Brenda and I have become pretty close through this little period of time. She is like a second mom to me. Mom...oh how I miss her.

The images of that horrible day haunt me every night and I end up waking up screaming, with my hair matted to my forehead due to sweat.

I don't get much sleep at night but that's ok because they usually give me medicine to rest during the day. The food they give here is horrible. It's just so plain and...blagh.

I also have to keep myself busy at all times because if I don't, I end up thinking alot. And trust me, thinking is not good for me.

I always think about that day abouthow everything changed. I end up thinking about how unfair everything is. I had no clue this was going to happen, I mean I was living a pretty normal life until that.

I'm still not sure what even happened that day. Are mom and dad alright? Although I did see mom, on the floor lying in here own pool of bloo- STOP, stop Megan.

No matter how much I tell myself to stop thinking about it I... I just can't . I always end up sobbing at the end until Brenda or some other nurse or doctor comes in.

I haven't even gotten the chance to ask anyone about where my parents are. I am either sleeping or left alone to watch TV or do nothing.

Even if I do get the chance to ask Brenda sometimes, she just replies with "Shhh, it's ok hun, it's gonna be okay it doesn't matter" or she just changes the topic.

They always treat me like a little kid, and are always avoiding anything to do with my parents.

That makes me doubt the well being of my parents even more...are they even alive? The thought of them not being alive makes me sick. I love them both so much. Although if they were alive shouldn't they have...come to see me?

I often catch Brenda and the other skinny young nurse whispering to each other while they think I'm not watching. Sometimes they look at me with sympathy clear in the eyes.

But why? They don't need to sympathize me. They have no reason to...right?

Of course they do.

But why?

Maybe because your parents are GONE.

Oh my god the thought pains me so much and I break down into hysterical sobs. My shoulders are shaking with every attempted breathe I take.

Soon I feel a warm hand rubbing my back soothingly, and I immediately recognize it as Brenda's. "There, there" She says, I remove my hands from my face.

"W-why Brenda? why did it h-have to be me-e?" I cried. She holds me by my shoulders and stretches her arms out and looks at me intently, then pulls me in for a hug.

"Shhh, it's ok hun, it's gonna be okay you ju-"

I cut her off. "NO. No, Brenda. It's not okay! Don't u see how hard it is? I don't even know where my parents are! If they're even alive!"

"Look hunny-" She paused and sighed a long sigh. "I DO know what you feel like, and just trust me, it does get better" She looked at me with eyes full if sadness.

"B-but how come you know what it feels like huh? It's not like you've lost a loved one or something" As soon as I said those words I regretted them.

"Oh, but I have..." Brenda averted her eyes from mine and just stared at the wall blankly. Her eyes lost all emotion and she looked lost in thought and pain, somewhere far,far away.

"Brenda-" I said touching her shoulder lightly. "What...what happened?" I asked referring to when she said she lost a loved one.

"Huh?" She seemed to be bright back from her thoughts. "Oh, never mind that" she said.

I nodded slowly. I was too numb to ask any further, plus it looked like a sensitive topic, that she clearly didn't want to talk about. I just looked down at my hands in thought.

Now is my chance to ask her about my parents. But what if she avoids the question like usual? No. Nuh-uh, I'm not letting her go away without answering this time. So, I made up my mind. I was asking her.

"Hey Brenda. Can I ask you a question?"

I looked at her.

"Ofcourse" She said with a small smile.

"But, you've got to answer it no matter what" I gave her a pointed look while saying that, referring to all the times she avoided the question.

Brenda's shoulders slumped and she looked at her lap. She looked like she knew what I was going to ask her. I mean I did make it pretty clear. She sighs and finally looks up. "Ok, now shoot"

I take a deep breath "Wha-..what happened to my parents?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys this is to be continued. I'm so sorry I stopped in the middle. I just had to post quickly, just to let u guys know that I did NOT give up on this book :) so pls guys just be patient. I have ALOT going on :( I'll try my best!

||Aleelee||❤️