I'm Ready if it Happens With You

Troye

I step out of the elevator and into the hotel lobby, still holding Jacob's hand. I immediately see that Britton, Joel, Nicole, and Joy are already there. I glance around in search of Madelyn and see that she isn't in the lobby yet. Thankfully, Jacob and I weren't the last ones.

"Well you must be the famous Jacob Bixenman!" said Nicole, walking up to Jacob and immediately giving him a hug. I see Jacob tense, and then slowly relax into the older woman's embrace. 

"That's the one," he says, chuckling under his breath. "You must be Nicole, right?"

"The one and only! Troye has told us so many good things about you! So, you're a model?"

My focus on Nicole and Jacob's conversation shifts to Madelyn as she steps out of the elevator. 

"Hi Maddie," I say, grasping her hand in mine and squeezing them in our usual greeting.

"Hey Troye!" she said, making eye contact with me and then turning around to look at Jacob. 

"Oh is that Jacob!?" she asked, flashing a radiant smile in his direction. Madelyn was the most enthusiastic person that I have ever met and her optimism is contagious.

"Yes, that is him. I can't wait for you two to talk."

"I'm so excited to meet him," she says, then lowering her voice, "and not so bad to the eyes either. Great choice."

I laugh, recognizing her joking tone and aware that she knows that I didn't choose Jacob purely based off of his looks.

Jacob finally ends his conversation with Nicole and heads over to where Madelyn and I have been talking.

"Hi Jacob, I'm Madelyn!" Madelyn said, planting a kiss on Jacob's cheek. A smile threatens to overtake Jacob's face and he eventually gives in, obviously enjoying Madelyn's bold gesture. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jacob, Troye's boyfriend," Jacob replied through his grin.

"I can't believe I am finally meeting you. Troye here has said only good things and I have wanted to meet the amazing man behind them!"

"That is so kind of you!" Jacob replied, still smiling like a complete maniac. 

Our conversation was interrupted by Joel yelling "Is everyone ready to go to the resteraunt?"

A few people cheered in response while the rest of us just smiled, heading off to Joel's car and piling in.