Wake Me From My Nightmares

Jacob

I stand there, my long arms wrapped around Troye's skinny frame, savoring the touch of his chest to mine. All of a sudden, Troye lifts his head from my shoulder and stands on his tip toes, bringing his lips to mine. He quickly leaves a kiss there, but before he can return to his normal standing position, I place my arms around his waist and lift him up. Troye clings to me like a monkey and rests his head on my shoulder as I carry him across the room and set him on the bed. I plop down next to him and pull him into another embrace, never wanting to let go.

"So, do you want to watch a movie," I asked.

"No, I just want to stay right here, like this forever and ever and ever," stated Troye, his face still tucked up against me.

"Me too babe." I pull Troye even closer to me, if that is even possible, and begin to rub small circles up and down the length of his back while placing the occasional kiss on my spine.

He sighs contently, placing one of his strong, pale hands on top of my leg.

Eventually, Troye slumps off into my lap and closes his eyes, curling up into a tiny ball. I let him, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of his body next to mine. I close my eyes and savor the moment, eventually falling asleep myself.

-

Troye

I feel myself begin to fall asleep, my eyelids beginning to slide shut and my head sliding down Jacob's chest. I curl myself up, just to be closer to him and feel his warmth. That is the last thing that I remember before I drift off to sleep.

-

I would be chased. I know I would be before I fell asleep. Some variation of this nightmare happens every night.

I am walking down a deserted alleyway, not a person in sight. Then, I suddenly turn a corner and the shouting begins. I look ahead, wondering what is causing the commotion, to see 6 muscular men who look a few years older than me. They are all carrying some form of stick or bat and are yelling all sorts of foul things. Slurs, the ones that make me feel bad for being gay. Like there is something wrong with me. As if my encounters with that weren't bad enough in real life. But I don't know this is a dream.

All of a sudden, the boys break into a sprint, swinging there bats and sticks wildly back and forth as they run. Then they are upon me. One of them holds me down so that I can't fight back. I start to scream for help. Then they begin to hit me with there bats and sticks. I feel my ribs crack and taste the blood in my mouth. I continue to scream, this time as loudly as I can and because of the pain of my bones breaking and my skin splitting. I hear someone calling my name, but I can't move because I'm being held down. The world around me slowly starts to fade, until I am back in the reality of my bedroom back in my apartment in Georgia.

"Tro?" I hear Jacob yelling as he shakes me lightly back and forth as he tries to wake me from my nightmare.

"J?" I say shakily.

"Troye," Jacob said, exhaling loudly gently gripping my waist in a light hug. "I was worried. I heard you screaming and I-"

"I know Jacob and I'm fine. It was just a dream," I said. "There is nothing to be worried about."

"Troye, you were have a nightmare that caused you to scream for help and then scream in agony. I don't think you are telling me what is really wrong."

I sighed. I didn't know whether to tell Jacob everything, tell Jacob nothing, or tell him only about the dreams. I settled on the latter. "Okay fine. I have that dream every single night. In the dream I am walking down an alley and six men with clubs approach me and then one of them holds me down while the rest of them beat me."

Jacob falls silent.

Ew that was choppy and gross and idk just the way that I said stuff...

Anyways, comment what you specifically though because I would love to know