Episode 2 - Girl Meets Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Farkle couldn't believe what he was hearing, his mouth had dropped at the fact that his girlfriend had conducted an experiment on him just to see if her would get jealous of someone else being so close to her.

"But you have problem with physical attention from people you don't know very well," he said clearly trying to tone down the fact that he had been jealous of someone because of a science experiment.

"Jason here," she said pointing out the tall dark and handsome leather clad teenager. "Has a boyfriend, we've been partners all semester and were trying to pick a topic in which would benefit our research."

"I feel so stupid," Farkle said as his knees gave out and he found himself on the floor, defeated by his girlfriend and her very gay and not straight lab partner.

"Don't worry beloved," she said smiling. "I will be with you always."

"I know, and I'm sorry."

That was the day he realized that he shouldn't underestimate his girlfriend and her powers of deduction. He knew this wasn't the first time it had happened, because Lucas had been at the center of it since they had started dating, but he had always known just how much he loved Smackle. In the end he should have known that something had been amiss, but in the end he realized that he was just like any other teenage boy out there.

-------

The second time it happened, well Zay was not ready for it, he had just started dating Cassie at the beginning of the summer. So they were still in that honeymoon phase of their relationship so it hit him really hard when he saw his girlfriend in the arms of another man who was lifting her up and spinning them around. Cassie wasn't very straightforward unless you got to know her, at first she was a shy person but he liked that about her. She also had a heart of gold and would do anything for her family, even if it meant missing school to help her sick mother.

So of course it took Zay a while to get to know the girl who would steal his heart, it had happened over dinners between their families, weekly movie nights, babysitting, and walks through the park. He couldn't understand how Lucas had felt towards Riley until he had felt it himself and he was so happy that his heart could burst.

That all changed on September afternoon as he walked towards Cassie's house with flowers in his hand to ask her out on a dinner date to a small ramen restaurant that they had both been talking about... and found her in the arms of someone else. He couldn't tell if he was heartbroken or not, it felt like something was sitting on his chest. The sudden urge to go over there and pry them apart so that he could demand to know what was happening.

Now he understood what Lucas had felt when Charlie Gardner had been around Riley during the whole fiasco in middle school.

"I'm not jealous," he said to himself. He couldn't be, they had only been together for three months, they were still getting to know one another.

So he stood there and watched as Cassie talked to the other person with an animated look on her face, and wondered if she ever looked at him like that. The look of pure happiness on her face made his heart ache as if he were losing the best thing in his life. He was about to turn around when she had spotted him and waved at him.

"Zay," she squealed as she rushed towards him throwing her arms around him. "I'm so glad you're here."

He was dumbfounded, unsure of what was happening, a moment ago he didn't know if he wanted to demand an explanation or runaway seething at how she had hugs some guy in plain view of him.

Why was he acting like Lucas? he wondered to himself.

"You have to meet my uncle, he's back from the army," she said pulling him towards the other man.