6

DAVID

IT WAS 9PM later that day as Simon was laid on top of the thick duvet, me next to him and tracing patterns on his shirtless torso with my free hand, my other hand linked with his. My body was leant against his toned one, my head resting on his chest. I sighed in content as he chose the next episode of Stella, the familiar theme tune playing. I was snug in black leggings and a yellow hoodie, Simon wearing some black sweatpants and no shirt.

My phone buzzed and Simon raised his eyebrows cheekily as I groaned, not wanting to leave my comfortable position against him.
"Can you answer it for me?" I asked, making him laugh a little and pick my phone up.

The bright light from the screen shone into my eyes, illuminating the dark room. 

9:00pm
jimmy: thanks for coming to biology?? after your text this morning i thought things would actually go back to normal, but no. you're still messing around with your new friend, not even bothering with me!!

I sighed and told Simon to reply,
"Tell him to grow up, and that when he was dating Mike he didn't bother with me or Matt for a few weeks, and that if Matt doesn't have a problem with me hanging out with you then why should he?"

Simon nodded and typed away quickly, clicking send and turning to look at me.
"I'm bored. And am no where near tired. Can we do something?"

I nodded and sat up,
"Like what?"

"Let's book the plane ticket for Jack, and then we could invite Matt over?" He suggested, grinning at the thought.

"Well, the ticket is a yes, we'll do it now," I answered gleefully, getting my phone, "but Matt has no way of getting here and I doubt his parents will let him out, cause it's past nine. I'll text him."

9:05pm
david: hello! what ya doing? me and simon wondering if ur free? xx

9:08pm
matt: hi! yes, my mum says she'll give me a lift, i can come to yours if u want? shall i get my mum to pick jimmy up on the way?:)x

"He can come!" I said joyfully to Simon, but then I saw the end of the text and my smile fell.

I didn't want things to be awkward between me and Jimmy, and he's one of our closest friends, but he's never met Jack before. I mean, I think Simon met him ages ago when we were younger, but since Jimmy only moved here last year he has no links.

9:08pm
david: maybe don't invite jimmy. we've fallen out. i'll explain when u get here.

9:09pm
matt: shit ok. see u in fifteen mins xx

Simon got out his laptop from his bag and searched up the cheapest flight he could find from France to England. We found one for tomorrow night, costing only £30 each way, and then returning on Saturday night. I selected Jack on my contacts list and clicked the texting button. Before actually sending the message, I pondered on how we would work this. Would his parents let him? Knowing Jack he wouldn't even tell them, he would just leave. My thoughts darkened as I remembered that night he had slept around my house.

It was a warm August evening three years ago, and Jack had been round my house for the whole day. Matt was in Spain for the week, and we were both miserable in his absence. We'd decided to go to the lake nearby, wearing our t-shirts and swimming trunks. We were only twelve, so we didn't really care that the lake was grimy, full of fish and moss. He'd stripped off his top and jumped in, me following behind him.

Rising out of the water, he rubbed his face and I watched as his pale skin smeared, tints of green and blue scattering his complexion.
"Whats that?" I had asked curiously.