24

Bullet has gotten so much bigger in the last week.  He's half the size he will be. So, it turns out, the kitten was a stray that Ron had brought in from the rain. So, now I have to find the little kitty a home. Let me tell you, it's not easy.

Blizzard, as I've named him, loves to cuddle and lay on my lap.......while I'm on my laptop. I growl and set the cat on the floor once again. This is how my morning has gone: look online for lost cat, put cat on the floor, look online for lost cat, put cat on the floor and so on. You get it, right?

The cat climbs up onto my lap once more. Only this time, he starts slipping. He claws my legs as he pulls himself back up.

"Ouch! Fucking cat.", I growl and set him on the ground again.

"You alright?", Dad asks as he peaks his head in the doorway.

"Yeah, I'm okay.", I say and quietly gasp at the blue blood coming out of my leg.

I run into the bathroom and lock the door. What the fuck?! Quickly, I grab a band-aid and some gauze. I hiss as I rub in the gauze. I put the bandage on, my heart beating faster than fast. What the hell am I?!

~~

I jolt awake, the kitten meowing next to me.

"Thank god, it was just a dream.", I mumble.

I sit up and started typing on my keyboard. I had fallen asleep with my laptop on my lap. Thank God I didn't roll over the top of it. After finding out that Blizzard doesn't have an owner, I decided to find him a good home. I posted his picture on a few website as well as a video of him and some info.

I closed my laptop and set it on my desk before leaving my room.

"Any luck?", Ron asked when I seen him.

"Nope. He doesn't have a home so I am going to try and find him a good home. I would keep him but Bullet doesn't like cats.", I said.

~~~~~~

Several weeks later, no one has called me to ask about the kitty. Bullet is getting pretty pissed off. I picked up the too big puppy and started petting him.

"I'm surprised you can still lift him up.", Mom said, I nodded.

"Yeah, he is pretty big.", I smile, "But he loves it."

I set Bullet down and my cell phone rang.

"Hello?", I answered.

"Hi, I'm calling about Blizzard.", a male voice said.

"Oh, yeah. Are you interested?", I asked.

"I am, yes. How much do you want for him?", he asked.

"Well, I'm thinking 100-150. Only because most people don't love the free stuff.", I said.

"That's fair. I'll give you 400.", the man said, "No more, no less. You've taken good care of him, it seems and I appreciate that."

"Alright. I'll meet you at Lotterdale cafe at 7 pm tomorrow. Sound good?", I said.

"Sounds great. Thank you.", the man said, "Oh and my name is Jerry, like Tom and Jerry, the kids TV show."

"Alright. Bye.", I hung up and smiled.

"Who was that?", Ron asked, "Sounds like someone trying bid something."

"That was Blizzard's new owner.", I said.

"Already? I thought it'd be another few weeks before someone called about him.", Dad said.

"Well, it seems he already stole someone's heart.", I smiled.

"I'll go with you to drop the little brat off.", Ron said and reclined the chair.

"Okay.", I said, "In the meantime, I'm going to eat, shower, and head to bed. I'm exhausted."

"Didn't you wake up from a nap less than 10 minutes ago?", Mom asked.

"Exactly why I need to head to bed.", I stated as I pulled out leftover lasagna.

~~~~~~

I yawned and sat up. I glanced over to the other side of the bed and seen Ron was already up. He must be at base then. It's his typical morning routine, wake up, shower, change, go to base, come back home. He only spends 2 hours at base.

"Ron, she still asleep?", Dad asked.

"Yeah. I figured she would have been up by the time we got back.", Ron said - wait - they're back already?

I looked over at my clock and my eyes widen ten times their size, if that's possible. It was 5:30 fucking P.M. What the fuck!?

I jumped out of bed, my feet landing harshly on the ground as if I stomped. I ran into the closet and grabbed a pair of shredded jeans and a white t-shirt. I ran into the bathroom and took a quick shower, changed, and ran downstairs.

"Why didn't you wake me up when you got home?", I asked as I passed Ron.

"You were up for a couple seconds.", Ron answered, I turned towards him.

"What did I say?", I asked.

Now, you are probably confused as to why I would ask such a question. Well, to answer, whenever I am still asleep, but partially awake, I tend to say stupid shit. One time, and I was lucky Ron and Dad weren't home, Mom came in and tried to wake me up. I had told her 'I fuck grandma'.

I was more than worried that I said something even stupider.

"You don't want to know.", Ron said and it took me a second to see his shoulders were moving.

"Why are you laughing at me?", I asked, "Shit, did those twins come over and paint my hair green again?"

I walked into the downstairs bathroom and seen nothing wrong with my hair. What was he laughing at then?

"He's been laughing off and on since he came down. He won't even tell me what you said.", Dad shook his head as he spoke.

An hour later, we were heading to Lotterdale to meet Jerry. He seemed like a nice guy. We didn't really spend a lot of time there since an emergency came up at base. Something about an acid spill. I don't worry too much because a lot of weird shit happened in the few days I was at base.

However, something happened while I was partially awake. I'm going to find out what I said even if I have to fight Ron again.