My parents absence in my small home is excused since I wanted to live by myself and get used to a life less dependent of grown ups. Sara had to stay with me though but it has been really nice for the past month... for now probably... homework, projects, all sorts of things.

On our way to school, I got curious.

"Sara, why is your room forbidden from me?" I ask, looking at the sky.

"...Because its a... um... a girl's place." She answers.

"But aren't we besties? Or are you scared I take something from your drawer?" I tease.

"J-Jake, don't say things like that around people." She warns, not answering the question.

"Welp, it's their problem for snooping into our conversation." I answer.

Moments later, we go through the front gate and the gaze from other students starts. The gazes towards me were of, one, thinking I'm a spoiled child which I was... before, and two, having the cutest friend. It's not a normal day if there wasn't someone asking her out but immediately getting rejected since she has a love interest, a secret hidden even from me.

Nothing big happened in the classes we take but we just talk secretly with a small piece of paper, but not often since there are snitches all around me.

After the boring and educational morning classes ended we head to eat at the cafeteria. This is the time, today is the day I join the book club.

In that club there is a girl I kinda like, she's smart, straightforward and cute. The club has a low reputation, the cause of that being the strict rules of it. No books to show and speak about, means the boot.

I sprint out of the classroom right when the lunch time bell rang, Sara was behind me and asked:

"M-Mast- I mean, Jake, why are you in such a hurry?"

I stop and slowly turn around, knowing what could happen if I answer.

"Look... Sara, we need to... make new friends." I answer.

Her smile faded into a low esteem face, similar to dead.

"This doesn't mean I'll stop hanging out with you. Like we've talked about before, I'll never forget you, and I want you to understand that." I say, smiling... but she wasn't. "Make some friends, you are pretty popular you know." I laugh... still no smile from her.

I give her a tight hug but no answer to that. I sigh and say:

"Hey, you know you look way cuter smiling?"

Her face burns up red as she looks at me.

"You've told me before, I know already." She pouts.

"Then keep it that way." I pat her head. "See you in the next period."

A minute later I finally make it to the Book Club, I take a deep breath and head in.

"E-Excuse me, is this the book club?" I ask, scratching the back of my head.

It was Jess with her glasses on, bright green eyes and fair skin. She focused on a novel she read while saying.