Ch. 4: The Meeting

Start from the beginning

Lauren cut Dinah off," Sorry, but I have to cut your thought short because I didn't want to risk throwing up my bacon, egg, and cheese from this morning." Lauren shuddered from thinking about what Dinah was going to say about the old men.

"Anyways, you need to clam down and just take deep breaths. Normani is going to help you with all of that. She will be there every step of the way in your path to fame."

"But is that realistic though? Trusting my career with someone I didn't meet, let alone know??", Dinah questioned.

"True. Welp, if Normani doesn't come through I will have to help you record and all that stuff. Who knows, maybe we can record together and we can become a musical group called, The Vamps", Lauren said, then did jazz hands.

"Lauren, that would never work out because 1) your as talentless as a rock 2) you don't know shit about music and 3) why the Vamps,"

Lauren rolled her eyes, "It's because I'm as pale as a vampire and you like to sleep all day and stay up at night, duh".

"And I do now stuff about music!"

"Okay", Dinah said while folding her arms over her chest, "what are the words of a song called?"

Lauren shifted her eyes back and forth, "Uhhhhhhhhhh......sentences?"

Dinah snickered and shook her head, "No Lauren, they're called lyrics".

"No! They could be called sentences because Lyrics are words put together to form a thought!", Lauren whined.

"That's true but in regards to music it's not".

"But-"

"It's fine, lets just go before we're late."

The girls kept walking until they approached a door titled, Studio A. Dinah knocked on the door and Simon Cowell appeared.

"Hello ladies, come inside", Simon said cheerfully while holding the door open for them.

Dinah and Lauren walked in and sat down on the black leather sofa. Taking in her surroundings, Dinah noticed there where plaques all on the walls of different artists whose albums went platinum. She also noticed the white Chirstmas looking lights that hung from wall to wall. Dinah also seen the recording booth right across from her with a glass window she could see through. Looking to her right, she seen a medium sized desk with a Mac computer and a leather chair.

Simon shut the door behind him, "Would you guys like anything to drink?"

"No we're fin-"

"Speak for yourself", Lauren interrupted Dinah, "Do have a fire ball lemon drop?"

Simon looked at Lauren weirdly, "Yes I do, but our bartender isn't here at the moment because he works at night considering the fact that most people don't drink in the mornings."

"Well, I'm not like most people," Lauren smirked.

Dinah subtly slapped Lauren on the thigh and said, "You know what Simon, Lauren's not thirsty anymore. Right Lauren?".

"No my throat is actually dry I-"

"I said, right Lauren ?" , Dinah said while gritting her teeth and craning her neck to look at Lauren.

Lauren's eyes widened and she gulped, "Suddenly, I'm not thirsty anymore. Thanks Simon".

Realizing Simon hasn't formally introduced himself to Lauren yet, he apologizes, "I'm so sorry, where are my manners? You're over here calling me by my first name meanwhile, I don't know yours." Simone outstretched his hand towards Lauren, "Hi, I'm Simon Cowell, and I'm the owner of Epic Records ."