Chapter 1

The swift morning air ruffled my fur. I crouched low behind a fallen tree, and my claws dug into the damp earth beneath me. I felt the cold wind against my back. Wait. I lifted my head up slightly to see the tiny grey and brown rabbit nibbling on some grass. 

The rabbit didn't see me. Not yet. Now was my chance. I leaped over the fallen tree, nearly getting knocked off my paws when I hit the ground. The rabbit twitched it's ears and looked back to see what the sound was. It ran off in panic when it saw me. 

I let out a small growl of annoyance and ran after it. I couldn't catch up to it. I knew this rabbit would get away. I couldn't let that happen. I quickened my pace, dirt flying behind me, but I didn't seem to care.

I finally got to a distance from the rabbit that I could pounce on it. The rabbit was getting a bit slower, for it had been running long enough for it to get tired quickly.

I pounced. I dug my claws into what I thought was flesh. I bit into it harder, but it didn't taste right. I twitched my ears at the sound of paw-steps. Other foxes gathered around to see me, and they all burst into laughter. I opened my jaws and stood up.

I didn't catch the rabbit. Below me was a small hole in the dirt. "Whats so funny?" I snapped directly at the laughing foxes.

The foxes fell silent, one by one. It didn't take me long to realize I had been biting the dirt. I let out a small groan of disgust. 

I looked around all the foxes. I silently growled when I saw Tibbar, a pure black fox with almost unnoticable redish gold stripes down his back and deep green eyes. He was high-ranked in my skulk, and in fact, my own brother.

"Tibbar, what are you doing?" I growled, but he said nothing.

I heard more paw-steps. My sister, Rose, was walking towards me and Tibbar. "Calm down, Ember!" She barked. I kept my jaw shut. Tibbar just rolled his eyes.

When Rose knew I wasn't going to say or ask her something, she said, "Ember, the leaders of the skulk wants to see you." 

"W-why?" I wondered out loud. I hoped it wasn't because I didn't pass the test to become a true hunter of the skulk. Maybe worse. Don't worry about it, I silently told myself.

---

A\N

As you can see, I started a new series since I didn't know what else to do XD well how do you guys like this book so far?