Chapter 36 - Her Story (Unanimous Decision)

Start from the beginning

Not long after Jihyo knew about my decision. Chaeng asked me to meet her at the coffee shop near our apartment. My decision was unanimous. I should not be shaken. 

We took a sip of our coffee in silence. 

"Jihyo, already told you isn't she?" I started the conversation cause she seemed hesitated to initiate first.

"Hemm" she answered me with humming.

"And you're here to change my mind? Jihyo's order?" Yes, I was so cruel. I really to stopped any of this.

"You know that without you, Twice isn't twice right Unnie?  We've been together for 7 years, through thick and thin. I still remember the first time you came here. As I saw you, I know that you will suit our team, you make it perfect. And we become the best team ever. We won so many awards together, Unnie. And I like our time. I just want you to think again about your decision, Unnie. Don't you like our team? Our time together is precious isn't it?"

Twice, our group, us, our members. She only thought about us as a whole. She never really thinks about me.

"With me having the thought of not renewing my contract is making me bad women, isn't it? Because all of you seems to want to stay together, while I want a way out" Jihyo told me that I couldn't tell others because Jihyo was scared about the major change. 

"Unnie, trust me, whatever your decision is, we will support you. We started as kids who were trying to reach our dream together right? To debut, we totally get it if you want to pursue another dream. Women can have a bunch of dreams. But I am sure, we want you to stay too. We will become even greater this year"

We? How dare she even talked about this thing and included another 7 members. She didn't know that. Other members will hate me forever if I tell them. Supporting? Bullshit.

"Jihyo Unnie told me that she will take care you problems within our entertainment, she will beg the entertainment to let you do musical the way you want to do. You know her, she has this power"

"To be honest I never see Jihyo Unnie so worry in my life, she's kind of cool type, I never saw her helpless like that, she's so scared of losing you"

And then she was talking on Jihyo's behalf. What was with this kid?

"How about you then?" I should really know about her perspective as well, on me leaving the entertainment after almost 8 years.

"What about me?" She pretended to be stupid. YA SON CHAEYOUNG!

"Do you want me to stay?"

Please say it, that you want me to stay. That you can't live without me

"Of course, as I said I like our team Unnie"

Please say that you need me, say that you don't want to lose me.

"Give me one good reason Chaengie, a good one that makes me want to stay and have this all over again with you guys"

Please say that you care for me, that you like me, you love me, you don't want me gone.

"We need you the most, Unnie. We will conquer the world. We will chase our dream together. Without you, it's not perfect anymore"

You, I need your honest reason, please beg me to stay

"No, I want you to give me a reason to stay, not us, not Twice. You, Chaengie"

Say that Chaengie, say that you need me, say that you don't want me gone, say that you love me, then I will never turn my back again.