XY XX

Andrew, Mark, and Gregory were three different men who marked Xenia's coming of age and womanhood in so many ways.

Andrew was her first; his love was pure and innocent even years later. The man was the perfect Prince, balanced and kind, but Xenia knew her temperament would finish by burning all they had as she suppressed a part of her nature. Xenia did not lie to Andrew; the woman hid what some would consider her ugly side. For Andrew, she desired to be sweet and innocent just as he was, and it would have never worked; with time, everything would have collapsed, the man would have seen through her.

Mark was the impostor, the sweet talker who taught Xenia that wolves not only wore sheep's clothing, but they also knew how to wear the Armani suit of the Prince. Xenia only understood too late that everyone had someone tailored for them and that Mark was never destined to be hers. Like a glove, Mark could only fit a woman like him, one who knew him better than himself, a woman who the man could never look down on as she would wash him up by pointing out his defaults.

Gregory, Gregory, Gregory, the man played on Xenia's mind like Frank Ocean's Thinkin Bout You. He was unexpected and undesired. Gregory strutted into Xenia's life when she was a shadow of a woman. He erased everything by teaching her how to live, forgive, and love again. His status made him socially flawless, but he was like all men, spoilt, jealous, and clumsy for the rest. Still, unlike many, Gregory knew how to listen. The man continuously assessed his imperfections, aspiring to become a better man.

Gregory and Xenia were Yin and Yang. They fought; their relationship was no holds barred where both were a hundred percent themselves. Gregory showed the bratty side of the man who always obtained his desires, and Xenia's mouth put him back in his place. When Xenia had her firey outbursts and hid, Gregory's reassuring embrace put out the flames without holding any grudges. Fast-paced and reactive, their story was a never-ending tennis match. Not all relationships are subtle; theirs was passionate in every way; it didn't mean their love was wrong. Gregory taught Xenia that.

Xenia was the queen of wrong decisions who thought Gregory wasn't the right man at first, but now she knew it was him. She ran to catch a plane because she knew better than anyone else Gregory was the one. The infamous man that everyone awaits, like the lottery numbers on the TV screen. Even a few years after their Astoria arc, the fact remained the hard-knock reality. The woman wondered what she had done to deserve such a blessing.

Xenia missed Gregory. Would it be wrong to go to him?

The man retrieved her so many times when she ran away.

Come on, Xenia, you're not a kid; you've got this.

He's angry; what if he pushes me away? No, Xenia, you must do this.

Xenia continued her mental pep talk until the plane landed. No matter what Gregory's reaction could be, Xenia had to see the man and tell him everything if she wanted to save their relationship.

XY XX

The ringing doorbell surprised Gregory, who got ready for another round of toss and turns as he began to tuck himself in bed.

The clock on the wall stroke midnight; who could it be at such a late hour?

Richard, his butler, knocked on his bedroom door, "Sir, it's Mrs. Xenia."

Gregory jumped out of his bed, grabbed his glasses on the nightstand went down the winding marble stairs of his mansion so fast he almost tripped on the last steps.

Xenia stood there in the entrance hall like a lost child with her striped silk pajama bottoms poking out from her trench coat. She must have taken a flight on the whim', what a sight thought Gregory from behind his rims.

Xenia's facial traits were hollow. Of course, she had no make-up, and the dark spots under her eyes attested to her sleepless nights. Guilt overwhelmed Gregory; he did this to her.

"Gregory I-."

In three steps, Gregory grabbed Xenia, pulled her in a suffocating embrace.