CHAPTER 17

"I like Mekhi and Blaze. But Greyson?" Pierce asked a few days after Cordelia went over to Anna's. "Well I was thinking Pierce Jr., and we just call him junior but I liked Greyson more." Cordelia said and she ate some carrot. Pierce nodded. "Yeah. I think Greyson is better."

Cordelia set a hand on her stomach and felt a slight move. It hurt a little. "I think the kid or kids are trying to play soccer. Or kick boxing." Cordelia winced when she felt the movement again. "Hey, inside me. Stop kicking my intestines into my skin." She giggled when the pain subsided.

"I'm impatient. I want to meet my child or children." Pierce sighed as he laid his head on her lap and stared up at her belly. "Come on out, children!" Pierce said to her tummy. Cordelia giggled. "Sorry. It doesn't work that way."

Brian walked into the living room. "Hey, Alph. You have some stuff to do." Brian said as he walked over with papers in his hands. He was looking at the papers. "Like what stuff?" Pierce asked. "Kaden said we were running low on food. You need to send out a hunt group. Then it's the bi-monthly pack meeting, tonight. I've heard quite a lot of complaints and such from some people in the pack."

There weren't that many people in the pack. Pierce told Cordelia there was about 90 people but it was a fairly large pack compared to others. Cordelia's old pack had probably 70 people total while the one pack near her old one had about 40. Common pack numbers were only about 20, Cordelia had heard. But could be bigger.

"And you, Ms. Luna lady, you gotta be there too tonight." Brian paused his looking at the papers to look up at Cordelia and smiled before looking back at his papers. "Why do I have to?" Cordelia asked. "You have just as much authority as Pierce. He makes final decision, the whole male thing, I know, but you do have just as much say as he does. So you gotta be there."

Pierce groaned and got up. "I guess I'll go find Grace, Lawrence, and Victor and send them out for a hunt." Pierce sighed. "Also send Bruce. We have... 88 people in the pack. Half of that is growing pups. We need all the food they can carry. And Bruce can carry a lot." Brian told him as Pierce started to leave. "Yeah. Yeah. Get Bruce." Pierce said and left.

Cordelia sighed and yawned. She didn't get much sleep over the last couple of days because every half an hour it seemed like, she woke up because she needed to pee. It felt like some little body was trying to step on her bladder every ten seconds.

Cordelia had fallen asleep for who knows how long until she felt someone pick her up and set her down on their lap. "Shhh. It's just me." Pierce said quietly when she moaned. "The pack doctor's going to stop by later. Just for a check up and you and the babies." Pierce told her.

She nodded into his chest. "Okay." She mumbled and started to fall back asleep until she felt pain in her stomach. "Ouch." She mumbled and held her stomach. "What's wrong?" Pierce asked. The pain only got worse for Cordelia. She crunched up as much as she could and started to cry. The pain spread to her hips and all that area. "Dels? Is everything okay?" Pierce asked her. She shook her head no. "I'm in pain. Everything's in pain!" She cried.

Just then the pack doctor came in. "Is everything okay?" He asked as he set some stuff down that he brought. "Cordelia's saying she's hurting." Pierce said and he tried shifting her to set her somewhere more comfortable but she cried more. Pierce had to ignore her cries of pain to set her on the couch. "Okay what seems to be the problem?" The pack doctor asked Cordelia. She sniffled. "My stomach is hurting really bad and so is everything from the hips down. I feel like I'm in freaking labor or something." She cried. "Okay. Let's check."

The doctor lightly pressed down right above her pelvis and lightly moved his hands around. Cordelia groaned in pain. After a minute or two, he stopped and removed his hands. "The little one's are just moving around. It hurts, I know. But the pain should stop in a few minutes." The doctor said with a small smile. "And it seems like you have more than one pup. So it's going to take a little longer than two months for them to come."

The doctor did the rest of the checkup and said everything looked fine. "Now, the estimate time I think they'll come is probably in another two or three months. I'm not sure exactly how many you're going to have or what gender, though." The doctor said. Pierce and Cordelia nodded. The doctor then left.

"Okay, you two. You got 25 minutes until the meeting." Brian told them. They both groaned but knew they had to go. "Where is it?" Cordelia asked. "It's going to be here. In the backyard." Pierce told them. "It's already set up."

Cordelia groaned. The sharp pain was gone but there was still a dull pain. "I hate being pregnant. It hurts too much." Cordelia groaned when Genevieve came in from her room. "It hurts way more when they actually come out. Trust me." Genevieve said and sat on the love seat. Cordelia groaned into a pillow. "Don't say that stuff. I don't to think about it." Cordelia said.

"Come on, grumpy butt. We gotta do stuff." Pierce told her as he helped her up and out the door before getting to the meeting.