Aelin's P.O.V

Rhys organised the troops and we all held hands.

"So this is going to work, right?" Aedion inquired.

"Yes, winnowing is really useful for getting to far places really fast." Rhys replied.

"Okay, here goes," said Elide, taking a breath in. We all did.

Suddenly we were fast forwarding through darkness. I could feel hands clasping against my own, but I couldn't see anyone. My breath hitched, and it was hard to regain steady breathing when you felt you were being blasted forward at such high speed. I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes. I was suddenly in a vast forest, surrounded by trees and leaves scattered about on the forest floor. I saw the others from a distance, and ran up to them to join them. Rhys looked exhausted, while Cassian and Azriel patted his back mockingly.

"You alright?" Elide asked in a concerned tone.

"He's fine, he's fine. Probably exhausted from winnowing the whole lot of you," Amren said accusingly. Rhys smiled.
"I have to admit, I've never winnowed a whole court with me before,"

"Well it's a neat party trick," Rowan smirked. Rhys grinned back.

"Right, where's the wall? I don't see any here," Dorian said. I looked around us, realising we were in the middle of the woods, maybe even lost.

"Follow me," Rhys said, and we trudged on forward. Rowan walked beside me.
"You ready?" He asked.
"To kick some guards asses? Any day Rowan, any day." I replied, smirking. He laughed. We walked on and on until Rhys came to a stop.

"Here we are!" He said triumphantly. Manon snickered.
"Pray tell where this magical wall is?" She asked.
"It's invisible witch, but those with magic in their blood can sense it," Cassian called from behind. Manon scowled. Sure enough, when you really concentrate, a small buzzing noise can be heard from your left, which sometimes stops for a second, but then continues vibrating.
"It's that buzzing sound right?" I asked. Azriel nodded.
"The wall is getting weaker every day due to attacks from Hybern, an enemy island kingdom." He explained. "That's why the buzzing sometimes stops."
"We can go through it don't worry," Amren said, and walked through the wall as proof. We slowly walked after her, hearing the buzzing get louder and louder as we go though the wall, and quieter as we exit out the other side. We walked through the the trees until they ended and fields were before us.
"Woah." Aedion said, admiring the greenery.
"From cold forests to this?"

The cold, windy forests now welcomed a warm place filled with nature, birds and a manor in the middle with roses and tulips and flower hedges surrounding it.

"A bit sickly sweet for me," Manon said. "I prefer the forest."
"Those roses though! I might use this design for Adarlan's palace," Dorian exclaimed.
"I prefer the Night Court, the birds are giving me a headache," I said bluntly. Everyone laughed.
"The bird songs are a hit with the residents," Rhys chuckled.
"I'll catch up with you guys later," Amren said, going back into the forest. "I need to make sure the monsters from the Court of Nightmares get here without delay."
"Try not to get mauled," Manon retorts mockingly. Amren smiles.
"I'm more of a monster than them Manon, believe it or not. I'll keep them at bay, since they are probably scared of me, and you should be too, don't you think?"

Feyre's P.O.V

Feyre

A familiar voice in my head interrupted my lovely walk around the manor.

Rhys!

We're here Feyre, we're coming to get you

About time I'd say!

I could hear him laughing. How I missed that sound.

I'll send you instructions nearer the time. Take care for now, darling Feyre

I will Rhys, I will

****

I walked into the gardens of the manor, and took in a deep breath of the air. Spring, flowers, nature, all in that one breath. I exhaled it again, feeling it all come out. I smiled to myself. When they help me escape, I will forever be glad of never having to breath this in again, no matter how sweet it is.
"Feyre, where are you?," I heard Tamlin shout from the hall.
"I'm here! In the garden!" I shout back. But I won't be here for long.

_____________________
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Updates have been hard since exams 

Especially after BTS' comeback ;)

xxx