Badass Damsel in Distress

I squinted my eyes as I lay sprawled out on the uncomfortable couch. No wonder how I made Lucas sleep there last night...

Oh wait, he's an effin hot mess who would look hot anywhere, and wouldn't like to be anywhere near you, you mean excuse of a girl.

Shut up conscience.

Trying to wiggle out of the blanket I was rolled in, the first thing I saw was Lucas, buttoning his dress shirt.

He was getting ready for his meeting.

His back was facing me, muscles bulging. He was wearing a gray pair of shiny slacks, and a silky white shirt.

I hope it rains.

Shut up, perverted conscience.

But it is kinda hot in here... or is it the hot mess again?

Stupid conscience.

He combed his hair with his fingers, making an untidy quiff, then combed it to the side. From his reflection, I could see him biting his lip and furrowing his eyebrows in concentration. He picked up his watch and tied it around his wrist. Shrugging on his jacket, he smirked at the mirror and looked at the ground, shaking his head.

And then, he spoke, "If you're done checking me out, get up."

Nah, I'm not done yet. How about we just do the deed and-

I should take a cold shower.

"Ain't nobody got time for checking you out, jerk." I lied blankly, and got up from the couch and stretched my limbs. Couch is not the best place for sleeping.

You don't say...

"Sweetheart, you have all the time in the world to check me out, and you proved it." He winked and picked up his phone.

"I hate you." I grumbled while tying my knotted hair into a bun. I hate my hair.

"Trust me, you don't."

I snorted and put my phone on charge.

"I can prove that you don't hate me, but think so." He said smugly, as if stating the obvious.

"You can't. I don't 'think' I hate you, I actually do." I replied lamely making commas in air with my fingers to emphasize the word.

"You sure?" He said as he started approaching me in slow strides.

"Yes." I stated, trying to be calm. So this is the time when the boy approaches the girl while the stupid girl takes steps backwards and ends up locked in the boy's arms and BAM?

No.

I stood there, giving him a smug expression while my stomach decided to do some freaking somersaults, my heart decided to act like it ran some damn marathon and my lungs offered to take a little time off.

He reached me and cupped my cheeks, which made me feel like my cheeks were on fire. A shiver ran down my spine, but I covered it efficiently. He removed one of my curly strands from my forehead and leaned forward, making my legs wobble. He kissed the space between my eyes and, coming close to my right ear, he rubbed his lips on the place beneath it and whispered in his husky voice.

"There's a transparent, or as they say a thin line, between love and hate. Be careful with your choice of words, Sweetheart."

With that, he patted my cheek giving me a sincere smile, which had some other meaning, and left. While I stood there, clutching the hem of my shirt.

A few minutes after he left, I chugged down the bottle of water and brushed my hair. Dressing up in dark blue jeans and a plain white Tshirt, I slipped on my Vans and looked at the time.

8 am.

I sighed and sprawled out on the bed.

There's a transparent, or as they say a thin line, between love and hate. Be careful with your choice of words, Sweetheart.

Deciding not to pay attention to his words, I grabbed my phone and wallet which has my key card, and left the hotel in search of some good coffee shop. Yes, I keep a wallet. And no, I'm not in the mood of workout today. My body betrays me enough infront of Lucas, which is a workout itself.

I had to walk for a long time to find a little cafe. I instantly entered the shop and the aroma of freshly baked bread tempted me. It reminded me of the coffee shop near the Banks' building.

Sam! I kind of miss her though it has only been a day. I'll give her a call.

Getting myself some buttered bagel and a hot chocolate, I took a seat near the window and took my phone out to call her.

"Looks like the badass damsel is alive." Her comforting voice greeted me. Since I told her all about Lucas and me, she's been calling me a badass damsel.

"Hello to you too." I said rolling my eyes, but smiled anyway.

She started telling me about the extension of her shop and some minor upgrades. I couldn't help but smile all the time at the happiness in her voice.

"Soo... How's Lucas?" She asked with a smirk in her voice.

"Breathing, being a jerk and doing his work. Same old. Wanna talk to him?" I asked, knowing how she would kill me if I ever do that.

"Shut up girl. You like him." She stated, amused.

"How'd you know? And no I don't." I told her, growing irritated. My mother has been constantly bugging me about him since we left for the trip. She even asked me if I wanted a wedding dress ready in case we want it urgent.

Note the 'it'.

"The way you described him, his exact features... either a secret admirer can do that, or a creepy stalker."

"I don't like him." I told, more to myself.

I could hear a faint snort on the other end of the line, then she said, "The badass damsel in distress is in denial! Too many Ds in one sentence right? But I'm sure Lucas will make-"

I groaned and ended the call. I have some crazy parents and the only friend I have. All crazy.

I went back to my thoughts, about what Sam said, and what Lucas said.

Denial. Isn't being in denial better than becoming a play toy?

I'd rather stay in denial. But if I'm assured that I'm not a play toy, I'mma hop outta this denial and get the-

I think too much.

I guess I am a badass damsel in distress.