Dinner and a little change

Ever had the feeling when you just wanted to disappear from the surface of the earth for a little while and wait for the awkward phase to end?

That feeling.

My father's invitation has been mocking me, taunting me and killing me. Okay that's too much, but still. Lucas, I don't know what he has planned in that clever little mind of his. He irritates me, mocks me and teases me a lot, not that I'm any less.
Our little pranks are, though quite funny sometimes, of no use. Lucas is a stubborn, arrogant man with a great ego. And don't get me started on his narcissism. I know he has the right of it, he is handsome, gorgeous with those bold and arrogant looks, yet again he's that clever and firm man.
And working in the Banks Corporation isn't what I want. It's not what I really dreamt of.
I really want to get rid of this job,it's not my thing. I always wanted to be an artist, but being the only heir to the Lockwoods doesn't stand a chance.

And, working when your boss is all the time showcasing his good looks isn't easy as well.

I can't resign, my father forced me into it. So there's only one way left. Piss my boss off till he fires me. But again, that's not easy when he keeps on showing his power over me, his effect over me. How his presence matters to me. And, how much I enjoy it.

Don't take it the wrong way, I hate that man because of his guts, but since I'm no less I guess we're equal. I have to find a way to make him hate me. Childish, I know, but I can't find any other way.

Or maybe I'm too confused.

Keeping my thoughts aside, I got up from my bed feeling good that I had slept well. Taking a shower and getting into my sports attire, I walked out of my, say mansion, with headphones plugged in my ears. The lawn in outside our mansion is huge enough for a jog. I started jogging starting from the fountain, and reached the flowerbeds. Jogging has always been my favourite, it is a refreshment and a source of new ideas.

Ideas.

Right now I needed an idea for the dinner. To embarrass Lucas in front of my parents was important. Playing pranks against him are not working at all, he pays me back with his. I have to do something he won't have a clue of. Something different than normal.

Ignoring him is not even an option. He gets my attention every time he wants.

My hobo

As the memory invaded my mind, a smirk played onto my lips. I bit my lip thinking of the new plan that just took my attention.

Why didn't I think of it before?

Completing my jogging trail, I walked back to my room to prepare myself for the plan.

"For sure I'm your hobo, Darling..."

******************************************

I had spent the whole day in the mall, shopping for dresses.

Yes, I, Candy Lockwood will wear dresses.

Settling for a light purple lacy dress that reached just below my knees, I bought stilettos of the same colour. And finally, I bought some makeup.

Candy Lockwood is gonna act like her name from now on ward.

Act.

My mom was really happy for me when I got back home, and my dad was staring at me with narrowed eyes, and a smirk on his lips. I returned him the same expression. He just nodded at me understandingly while pointing a finger, mouthing,"Clever move".

I got back to my room and wore my dress for today, and opened my dark brown hair. I finally decided to take out the curling rod my mom gifted me in attempts to make me girly, which were in vain. Wiping the dust off the box, I took the rod out and curled my hair.

Time to paint my face, I mean makeup.

I applied a little amount of concealer that gave my natural colour a healthy look. Taking out the new eyeliner, I decided to go for the risk.

"How the hell am I going to get its wings straight!" I shouted the third time as I failed. On listening to my shouting, my mom reached my room and decided to get my makeup done.

"Honey, I'm really proud of you today. You're trying to look pretty to impress Lucas! You're growing up!" Mom said as she finished applying mascara.

"I'm 20." I reminded her, earning a glare from her. Did I tell you that my mom was the Queen Bee of her high school and my dad was the jock?

You can get the idea from that. The reason my dad understands my every move.

As mom ended my makeup, she passed me my new stilettos with a lingering smile on her face," I'm so happy you're not going to be the unattractive tomboy anymore. You look actually pretty now."

Insults, insults.

"I just can't stop imagining my grand kids, I hope they all get their features from Lucas..." She said and quickly went out of the door. While I sat there, with my jaw hanging low.

***********************************

As I saw Lucas' car approaching the driveway, I quickly got out of my room and stood in front of the gate. Gaining my posture, I opened the gate and walked to Lucas, as he was opening his car door.

"Hi there." I greeted him with a smirk. His back stiffened recognizing my voice. As he got out of the car, he turned around to see me.

To say he was gobsmacked was an understatement. His mouth was opened wide with his eyes. I took the time to check him out. He was dressed casually, and pulled off that look amazingly as well. A plain black T shirt and dark blue jeans. No tight shirts, thank god...
Not that it matters to me...
His hair was the famous, 'bedhead'.

"Um, are you Candy's sister?" He asked.

Great, all that cliche 'Are you her twin because she ain't that pretty to pull off this look' line was necessary. I just rolled my eyes at his statement and replied, "I'm Candy, Lucas", first time taking his name.
I twirled one strand of my hair and grabbed his arm, which sent tingles down my spine, and dragged him inside saying, "My parents were really excited to meet you!".

His eyes didn't get off me once. My parents greeted him happily and invited him to the living room. As everyone sat, I took a seat next to Lucas and crossed my legs. He raised his eyebrow at my action and I simply gave him my sweetest smile.

Here goes nothing...

At the dinner table, I again sat next to Lucas and smiled flirtatiously at him. He gave me an awkward lopsided grin and continued conversating with my father.

Me and my mom were bored, a lot.

Dinner went well, and again we were in the living room. Time was passing slowly, and I was surprised Lucas didn't make a move to embarrass or annoy me.

As Lucas decided to leave, I asked him to go for a walk around our mansion. He, with an amused expression, agreed. I held his hand and we walked out of the warmth of the house and into the lawn. I was skipping along as he was walking and then suddenly he turned me around to face him.

With a concerned smile on his face, he asked," What's with this sweet act, Lockwood?"

I morphed my expression into a hurt one and replied, "We are on the last name basis?"
His eyebrows furrowed and he shook his head, and asked again, "Sorry, but this change is... you're never like this."

Thanks for stating the obvious.

I leaned forward towards him such that his gaze confusingly settled on my lips, but I got closer to his ear and whispered a little more flirtatiously, "I guess a special someone changed me..."
With that, I reluctantly left a kiss on his cheek, winked at him and left.

My mind couldn't comprehend what happened as a headache made its way. I never kissed a man, except my dad, before. And I kissed Lucas Banks, but it was on the cheek, not a big thing.

Right?

As I changed my dress and wore my sleeping suit, I saw my phone's screen blinking. I checked to see Lucas' message,

Goodnight sweetheart. Hope you have great dreams about me. ;) x

What the hell am I doing?