Dragging me to hell

"Stop tapping your fingers, Candy!"

"Stop smacking your gum, Candy!"

"Stop messing with the music player now, Candy!" My dad shouted the third time.

My father was taking me somewhere I didn't have an idea of.

According to him, it was a 'surprise'. And I wasn't allowed to take my phone there. What else would you do then?

"My sweet daddy who has been scolding me for half an hour and didn't let me take my phone and is forcing me to count my breaths... Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere you can do something productive." He grumbled.

"Dad, you're not taking me to a college frat party are you?" I questioned, masking an innocent expression.

"What? Why- Oh hell no. Candy Lockwood, you've been spending too much time free, and spoiled your little nut sized brain. I'm getting you a job!"

Yep. That's it. He had been wanting me to get a job for the last 6 months.

I'm a couch potato aka Candy Lockwood. The only child and heiress of the Lockwoods. My name sounds like a cliche Barbie girl who gets to be the cheerleader in school and has a ton of makeup on face, right?

Well no.

Because I'm a human. I'm Candy. And I hate my name. And I hate other people. I like cleverbots.

My father had been a successful businessman all his life, and wanted me to put a brick in too. But here I was folks, I played temple run better.

"So I'm gonna work as a peon in my dad's company? Cool."

"Nope. Not this time. I still can't forget the peon who used to steal strawberry cheesecakes from the kitchen." He said glaring at me.

What? It was worth all that fuss.

And yeah my dad actually did give me multiple jobs to teach me something.

"This time I asked my old friend to hire you. His son is now the CEO and will take your interview."

"Is he hot? Am I gonna be the pretty assistant who makes the dude fall in love with her and makes him marry her and she stays home for the rest of her life?" I asked in a bored tone while trying to change the song.

"I think that involved those pretty, sweet, and girl assistants." He snorted, smacking my hands away.

Either my dad was driving slow or the place was far. I just leaned against the window watching the cars passing by. I noticed a little boy staring at me with wide eyes. I did what every other person would love to do but won't, I stuck my tongue out at him and while giving a lazy smile, I let my nostrils flare.

He started crying.

And his mother gave me a deathly stare.

**************

"Surprise! You like it?" My dad said in front of his friend to me as I looked around the boring office building.

"Whoa, I'm uh- surprised..." I replied.

My dad and his friend, named Richard Banks sat next to each other while I sat uncomfortably on the office couch. They were conversing about 'in our days...' stuff. I looked around and tried to avert my responsible father's attention towards me but he was quite busy. Now what'd ya do? I went out of the room to check out more stuff that looked like it all came out of Boston Legal show.

Fine white and black furniture and arranged cubicles filled with files.Looking up, I could see an indoor balcony.

And then I spotted the humans here. Every man looked like he walked straight out of a fashion magazine. Dressed in suits and dress shirts, with their perfectly shaped jaws.

Not that I stared.

And in came the Barbies. Every single one of them was a Barbie. Every single one. That's when I realized it was the Fashion Designing department.

I finally found a straw for my drowning self; I mean a vending machine in this white and black movie.

Inserting a coin I chose a tin of soda. The machine took time.

"Have you received it?" I turned to see someone asking me. This dude looked like a model or one of those Greek Gods. Dressed in a perfect jet black Armani suit and wearing a Rolex watch, he had the perfect jawbone and hairstyle. His hair, being black with some brown streaks, was gelled back to perfection. His eyes were the perfect emerald. I was immediately drawn into him.

I think he might be an Armani model.

Classy.

"Um, no I'm waiting..." I replied.

He looked at me and said, "It was your duty to get it dammit!"

"I know I know I paid for it I value money okay? But this little vending-" And then I was cut off when he pointed at his bluetooth device.

Um yeah okay. Let me go hide in a cave and never come back now.

I turned around again waiting for my soda when he said, "What are you doing here? This is no place for the homeless."

What?

"Um what?" I asked. "Oh yeah your bluetooth."

"Not my bluetooth, idiot. Who are you?" He spoke with a voice laced with amusement, the emerald pools studying me.

"Calm down would ya? And you're the idiot. My dad dragged me here." I spat back my lame retort like an angry child throwing a tantrum.

And ofcourse I heard those cliche 'Oh no she didn't's.

"Let me show you the way out and to a fashion consultant." He grabbed my hand to escort me out, but at the same time my soda popped out of the machine.

And I did the stupidest thing possible. I shook it, popped it open and pointed at his face.

"Die Armani model die!" I chanted and after the fizzy part ended, I sipped sassily and walked back to where my dad was like nothing happened.

It looked like my dad didn't notice my absence. That ended when I accidently broke a vase while looking at it.

It took dad half an hour to remove his guilt.

"No problem Mason! I'll get her to be interviewed by my son. I know, I remember you told me how she is..." I heard Richard say to my father. Then he came to me.

"Buckle up Candy, because my son doesn't take many interviews!"

I looked at my father with puppy dog eyes.

"It's just for your experience kiddo, you need to take over my enterprises seriously. You need to learn, now get in there and make me proud!" Dad exclaimed with joy.

It can't be that bad Candy.

That's when I peeped inside to see the Armani model talking to my Dad, in a new suit ofcourse.

Okay it can be that bad.

I walked in giving him a huge smile, with the eyes that said 'Go along or I'll kill you". He raised his eyebrows at me in recognition, then gave me an evil and clever smirk.

***********

"Your resume says your main achievement is... finishing a rubber before losing it because you are awesome."

"Yep!"

"Your personality type says you are... sassy, hot and cool (more than anyone here) at the same time because you are awesome? That's a challenge." He smirked as he raised his perfect eyebrow.

I nodded dumbly.

And then I heard him mumbling," Never knew a Smurfs' T shirt was that hot with red pants..."

"Your special education says... you were in Hogwarts?" His eyes opened wide.

"Yo!"

"And your interests says you want to go home and watch Ironman because you didn't want to apply for this job anyway and you are forced..."

"You got me right boy!" I pointed at him with my finger. But then he said the three words I never expected to hear.

"You're hired, hobo."

Well shit.