Chapter 25 *Part 2* - Secured & Shattered

Start from the beginning

His voice rolled over the hills in sorrowful waves. Swells of power rose up in my throat.
I could feel someone eyes burning through me, he stopped. I couldn't tell if the song came to an end or he just stopped because he'd seen me.

I decided to cut the silence and speak.
"If you think I'm invading your privacy, I'm not. This is a public place and I'm just sitting here." I kept my eyes on the ground, my hair falling down to cover the side of my face.

"Never said you were." He replied back in a husky tone.

I didn't say anything back, I felt him shuffle a bit, sounds like he was grabbing his crutches and standing up.

Well, go then... I don't care.

But he didn't, he didn't leave. Instead, he popped his crutches to my side (in middle between us) and sat down next to me.

I heard Rohan sigh, before the sound of something unwrapping got my attention. What was he doing?
Too intrigued, I turned my head to the side and looked at what he was doing. It was a packet of cigarettes.

"So?" He spoke out of nowhere.

"Huh?" I said, too zoned out. He lit his cigarette with a liter, the sun was glowing on his face making his sharp jawline and high cheekbones pop out from the side.

"Rough day?" He asked, letting the smoke fly out of his mouth.

Shit, I probably never seen a guy look so hot while smoking.

"Ahm hm," I nodded, staring back down to my feet.

"Yeah, I could tell..." Rohan observerd, he let his finger brush off a tear from the side of my eye, I instantly turned my head towards him when he did that. His finger was soft against my cheek, it felt nice for a second.

He smiled at me, before placing the smoke back inside his mouth, "Anything I should know about?"

"No," I spoke softly, almost as if I was whispering, "It doesn't involve you."

Lie, anything related to the letter obviously involved him. But I just didn't wanted to say.
He nodded his head, looking ahead to the sea.

I miss the annoying Rohan, but I also like this side of him. The side where he is understanding and knows what he should do or not.

"How did you hurt yourself?" I questioned, pointing towards the crutches.

He laughed, shaking his head. "You clearly don't remember the masquerade might!" A knowing smirk grew on his face as my eyes widened.

"No way! I did this to you!?" I traumatized, my mouth hung open.

"Well duh, I didn't trip over my own legs," Rohan said, chuckling. He placed his fingers underneath my chin and closed my mouth, "Oh honey, you don't want to catch flies now do you?"

I gazed at him, amused... Well fuck, now I feel bad.

"I uh... I'm sorry." I apologised, lost for any other words.

Rohan leaned back a bit, laughing uproariously "It's ok, dosen't really matter."

"I don't know why you're laughing Rohan, you should freaking hate me!" I shrieked, hitting his shoulder.

"Ow!" He whined, rubbing his shoulder.

"Oh shit, sorry, did I dislocated your shoulder!?"

He looked at me, his eyes glowing with disobedience - then all of the he bursts into laughter.

What a player!

"I think now I'll take my thoughts back of you being less annoying 2 years later!" I rolled my eyes, as he continued to laugh harder.... but then I couldn't help it, I also broke into laughter and joined him.