Chapter 1

Things started out ordinary. Matthew Williams got up, just like any other day. He got changed, just like any other day. Brushed his teeth, just like any other day. However, he could never imagine how much this ordinary day would change his life forever.

"Hey papa, Arthur... where's Al?" He quietly asked his parents, as per usual. You see, Alfred wasn't what you'd call a 'morning person'. He was more of a night owl, staying up late. "Oh, bloody hell, you scared me, Matthew!" Exclaimed Arthur, his adoptive dad. "'Allo, Matthieu! 'Ow was your sleep? I do believe that Alfred is still sleeping." Answered Francis, his real father. However, before Matt got the chance to answer back, a scream echoed throughout the house and everyone became silent.

As much as Matt wanted to say that his life was normal, he knew it wasn't. His family was that of a long line of vampire hunters. He hated that fact and wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. He was a pacifist and  hated violence, even if it was for the right reasons. However, he seemed to be the odd one out in his family. Even Alfred agreed with killing vampires, even though he doubts they even exist. But that doesn't matter now, Al could be in trouble.

"Alfred!" Arthur sprang into action, making sure to grab a stake and mallet on the way upstairs, running towards the screams. Matthew and Francis followed him. When they got to the door, Arthur forced the locked door open, only to see Alfred sitting up in his bed, breathing and sweating heavily. He ran up to comfort the scared American. "Was it another one of your nightmares?" He asked, worriedly. Alfred nodded rapidly and hugged the still spooked blonde. Matthew sighed, glad he was okay, just as Francis ran up to Alfred as well, hugging his frightful brother.

This was doomed to be his life, he thought as he slowly walked back downstairs, getting breakfast. He was doomed to be the youngest and the least important to his parents, the last of the pecking order. Why did he stay, you ask? He had nowhere else to go, no one to look after him. Or at least that's what he thought that fateful morning, unaware of his even more doomed future.