15. HE KISSED WHO?!?

Travis

I'm not sure what has come over me.

That's a lie. I know exactly what has come over me. She was finally real, tangible, right there in front of me. The girl without the tone has made her appearance, and it has been more than a fleeting glance.

I was a goner when I saw it the first time. But now that she's put herself out there for me, explaining how she's been hiding, I am done. There is nothing to decide, there are no pros and cons. There is only Lacey, and I have never wanted anyone more.

I inch my way closer to her as she is speaking, totally hypnotized by her vulnerability. And then...she turns towards me. She doesn't gasp, or lift her hand to push me away. She doesn't scoot to the other side of the tent. Lacey stays here, with my face so close to hers it takes less then a second for my lips to find hers.

And when they do...

Her arms reach up in the dark and find their way around my neck. Her mouth opens slightly as I angle my head a little more. She tastes so sweet, as sweet as she smells, the citrus scent of her hair filling my senses. My hands wind their way into that long, dark hair I've been tempted by more than once.

Dang, so soft. Strangely I feel a sense of relief. There has been so much tension between us, what I thought was just repulsion on her part. Obviously, by the way she's moving closer to me, I was wrong. She felt the attraction as deeply as I did.

In a moment of complete stupidity, I pull away from her. That's when I hear her gasp.

"What?" she asks, still as breathless as I am.

"Why did you hate me so much?" Even as I ask, my brain is screaming to shut the hell up and plant my lips back on hers.

"Huh?" Looks like she's thinking the same thing.

Well, since I already opened the door to this escape room, might as well keep going.

"You couldn't stand me, why? What about me made you so..."

"Oh." She pulls back slightly. Yeah, this was a bad idea. Now I'm pretty sure she had forgotten she hated me in the first place. But I've shot that all to hell.

"Well, you sort of seemed really full of yourself, I guess." she confesses. That's not too bad, I can probably recover from it.

"And you just love the outdoors, that grunge thing," she adds.

"Is that really a reason to hate someone?" I ask her. And I admit, I'm defensive. But who wouldn't be. My big freaking mouth.

I feel her recoil from me. If I didn't think it would piss her off, I would pull her back to me.

Come to think of it, she's hot when she's pissed.

I go ahead and grab her, gently, around the waist and drag her closer to me. Her arms come up and rest on my chest, and I can feel that she's irritated a little.

"Hey!"

Or a lot.

"Look. I know I'm basically an idiot for even asking you. And I don't want to go back to glaring at each other. But I really like this Lacey, and she's the one I want to keep around. What can I do to make that happen?"

Without a word, she puts her arms around my neck again and brings my face down to hers. This time it's Lacey who's taken control and the force of her lips on mine literally forces a moan from my mouth.

Never. Not once in my life has it ever been so intense so quickly. There's just something about her that's drawing me in. She did do everything I had planned. Even her complaining wasn't that bad. I mean, the girl planned all kinds of meals and tried to make things as comfortable as possible. What's so bad about that?

When Lacey pulls back, it's me who breathlessly asks, "What?"

"Just keep saying things like that, mister, and you'll have me."

Oh dang, this girl is something else.

^^^^^

I can just hear Luc say..."whipped." Can't you?? LOL, these two are something else!

Keep clicking, and voting, and let me know what you think!!