3. I HAVE TO DO WHAT?!?

Travis

I'm sitting in my office, the small second bedroom of my house, editing some footage from a solo hiking trip I had just taken. Luc had his boxers stuck up his ass, but I was too busy to stop so I just took the call on speaker.

"Why are you so heated? Camping with a vlogger is the whole point of the series," I tell him.

"Right. Got it, noted. But not this vlogger. She's a pain, man. She's going to drive you nuts with her drama and you'll end up snapping at her. Bad plan," Luc says.

I've known the guy forever, since we were teammates at the X games, and I had never seen him this irritated.

"Bro, I'm sure it won't be that bad, she agreed to it, my guys are sitting down with her soon to go over specifics so she knows what's up."

"You have your head stuck so far up there, you have no idea... Just do me a favor," he huffs.

"What? I'm not going to the meeting if that's what you're asking, that breaks protocol and ruins the first scene."

"You need to watch her vlogs, get a feel for her personality. If you still feel okay about her, go ahead as planned."

"I can do that." I nod.

"But, if not, cancel it. Your rep isn't worth it. You don't want to come off looking like a jack hole. And she seems like the type of girl to do that," he says.

"You have no faith." I shake my head.

"Yeah, well, you have a rep, but so does she. Keep hers away from yours," he tells me. "Talk to me after you watch her stuff."

"Yeah. Bye."

As soon as I end the call with Luc, my curiosity is peaked. I had heard of Lacey Mitchell, seen her picture, but never watched her vlog. I usually try not to have too much information on my guests. The whole point of the series is to get to know other youtubers while filming a camp out. Then I pull in some type of extreme sport activity to add a thrill element.

After Luc's plea, I figure I better check her out, so I pull up her channel and scroll for her most viewed post. Dang! She has more then ten times the number of subscribers that I do, and most of her posts are practically viral. I find one of her earlier posts with pretty high views and get it started.

She's really pretty, hot actually. I love a girl with long brown hair, and her eyes are sparkling at me. The video I'm watching is a fashion tutorial about turning one basic item of clothing into four unique looks. It's damn boring, actually. I could care less. But I can't take my eyes off of her, she's gorgeous. She seems fit, really in shape, so that's a good thing. She must work out. That's a plus for me.

I snap out of my lust bubble and finally start listening to her. There's something about her voice that irritates me, kind of high pitched. And she's way too freaking excited about the whole outfit. I mean, it's not my thing, but now I can kind of see what Luc's talking about in terms of drama.

And then the last part of her post starts, that's where my stomach drops and the "oh damn" moment happens. She does the hair toss crap, which I hate because it's so vain. Then she duck faces the camera, gives a little kiss and a wink, flips her hair and walks off camera while swaying her hips.

I'm screwed.

^^^^^

Bam! So, Travis right?!? He's not too impressed with Lacey though. And the feeling is mutual. Camping fail coming right up...

I'd love a little vote if you liked it! 😉