Oneshot #8

Written 10/02/17

She was back. After years of travelling, she was back.

An eighteen year old Azure walked down the streets of the village. She had left to train, becoming strong. Now returning, she had a fair figure with a kind face and long blue hair, pieces braided to keep it out of her face.

A lot had changed, she noticed.

She was looking up at the Hokage building when she bumped into someone, who was also looking up.

When she saw who is was, her eyes widened.

Scarlet Blaze, her childhood best friend stood in front of her, chewing on a dango stick like always with his hands in his pockets. He no longer wore his long hair as a bun, rather he had cut it to just below his ears.

He looked equally as surprised. "Azure?" He asked. "Is it really you?"

Azure grinned, and held out her arms as he grabbed her in a hug.

She giggled as he gave her a bone crushing hug, before pulling back. She wondered if he still had the same loud mouth as always, yelling every other sentence.

"I can't believe it's you!" He exclaimed.

Check. That hadn't changed.

Scarlet studied his old friend. Kami, she was beautiful. He'd never said it to her face, but he had always thought she was stunning. Her skin was soft, and she gave him a smile that made his heart skip.

"Wow! You sure have changed, Scarlet!" She said happily. Kami, he could barely pay attention to what she was saying—she was just so stunning.

He chuckled, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "Do you wanna get lunch somewhere? A 'welcome home' kinda thing?"

She smiled. "I'd like that."

They had both grown up. Scarlet was tall now, she bet he could be as tall as Midnight. He seemed more serious and mature, albeit with his occasional bursts of enthusiasm.

Azure glanced up at him as he led her through the streets.

He's handsome. She thought. He'd grown up, from being the punky little kid who could make her laugh. He still had that cheeky, boyish nature to him, but he had a calm, enjoyable aura to him now.

::

"Oh my goodness! Look at this!"

Azure and Scarlet were sitting in a tree that them and their friends used to sit in all the time. Countless little scribbles were carved into the bark, and Azure traced her fingers over them as she and Scarlet shared old jokes, laughing.

At one point, Scarlet fell backwards out of the tree, and while Azure practically had a heart attack as he fell, Scarlet just burst out laughing.

He and Azure sat in the tree, calmed down as they watched the sun set. She sighed happily, and turned to see Scarlet tracing a carving.

"Look at this, Azure. Breeze carved this in. Do you remember that day?" He asked, turning to her.

Azure cracked a grin. "Yeah. Breeze carved in A+S in it. That's the day we got rained on while out here, the day were went back to Midnight's afterwards and played silly games."

He chuckled. "Seven minutes in heaven, spin the bottle, much to Crimson's dismay, ah.... what else?"

"Truth or Dare," Azure added. "And we made time capsules."

He nodded. "Yeah. In fact, I remembered something that happened that day."

He drew closer to her. Neither of them could see the other's blush in the sunset.

"You made a bet with me. Well, more like a pact." He said softly.

She smiled softly. "Wow. You still remember that?"

He nodded. "Yeah. It was that if we didn't give our first kiss before sixteen—"

"We'd give it to each other." She said softly. "So have you?"

He shook his head. "Nope. I haven't ever kissed anyone."

She giggled softly. "Well, neither have I."

He smirked. "So? Are you willing to hold to that?"

She glanced up at him, blushing as his fingertips touched her neck.

In one fluid motion, they both leaned in. Their eyes closed as they kissed.

When they pulled back, Scarlet grinned. "That was pretty great."

She blushed, glancing off to the side.

Scarlet glanced at her, before realizing something. He turned towards the trunk of the tree. Pushing his hand into the knot of the tree trunk, his brows furrowed as he rummaged inside.

"What're you looking for?" Azure asked.

"Ah... c'mon, where is it?!" He cried, frustrated. After a few more moments, his face lit up.

"Aha! There it is!" He said.

He pulled out a small baggie, and he tore it open. Inside was a small sheet of paper. "It's my time capsule I made that day!" He said cheerfully.

She giggled. "You stashed it away here for eight years?"

He nodded. "Yep!"

When he unrolled the piece of paper, and began to read it.

Then he burst out laughing. "Man, I was super punky as a kid!" He laughed.

He edged closer to her. "Look at this part," he said, pointing his finger at a paragraph.

Azure's eyes scanned the page. When she found it, she blushed, looking up at him.

"Dear future me," Scarlet read. "If you read this again, remember: Azure will make the best girlfriend. She's super smart, kind, funny, warm, and cheery!"

Azure glanced up at him, seeing a small smile on his face.

He turned to her. "Sounds like younger me was always set on you."

He turned to her fully. "What's wrong?" She had become unusually quiet.

She shook her head. "No, no. I just—"

"Azure," he breathed softly. "Will you be mine?"

She glanced up at him, eyes wide. In that moment, she knew.

"Without a second thought." She breathed.

::

._. It got really long

I might expand this one

Ꭶ.Ᏸ.