Chapter 5- The Voices

Tamzin found herself in comfortable room. She could hear, see and smell better. Her hunters instincts have been enhanced. Every warm blooded creature leaves a craving in the back of her throat. Every life glowed too brightly. She could see, smell and taste every detail of creature. She could hear every breath of even dying animal. She heard Monica in the Lobby this morning. She could hear Monica's breath on her return this evening. Stein had said her training had progressed much farther than expected.

Tamzin awoke on day 2, with a start. She heard a name. "Selena?" No. "Sophia?" No! One name? Two names? That Sophie again maybe? "Sophie. Elena." That sounds right!
The door to her room pounded. She opened it, dressed only in a gown.
"Professor Stein!" She answered in surprise.
"Miss Stone! Are you well, my child?"
"Yes sir!" She answered.
"How are you finding your new powers? Your training is coming along much quicker than anticipated!"
"I'm adjusting to the senses. But I'm looking forward to learning more today."
"Very good! I'm going to introduce you to your subjects. These are important for our plan so try not kill them; okay?"
Tamzin nodded in reply.
"Good! Be dressed and in cafeteria in twenty minutes." Stein left as sharply as he arrived, not waiting for answer.

Tamzin arrived promptly, not wanting to disappoint her teacher. Stein didn't seem to care very much. He was eating and speaking to another scientist. Tamzin took her breakfast from the counters. When she turned back, the accompanying scientist had disappeared. Stein gestured to the seat the scientist had taken. Tamzin obeyed. 
"You will have opportunity to try out your new powers on two subjects. These subjects are unique and may sway the battle ahead. Therefore, the termination of these will be unacceptable. Understand?"
"Yes, professor."
"Very good! Follow me."
Stein got up and walked away. Tamzin looked at her full plate of breakfast, and after a deep sigh, left it in the table.

The room had a nose curling stench. People had died in here.
"Ladies!" Stein announced. "Meet your new friend, Tamzin. She's going to practice a few things on you." He turned to Tamzin. "Have fun."
Tamzin was now left alone in the darkened room. Alone with these caged women. A bloodlust and a Luna. She could tell by the smell. The bloodlust was hungry. She hadn't had a proper feed in ten years. The Luna was new. She had only been here for a few weeks.
Tamzin opened the cage to the bloodlust.
"Take my blood." She offered.
The Bloodlust was cautious. She stepped out of the cage, stepping slowly to the young child. Tamzin tilted her head, exposing her neck. In a flash, the bloodlust was on her neck, but it Tamzin had reacted just as quick. As the bloodlust's fangs pierced Tamzin's skin, they broke off. The woman howled in pain. Her eyes turned red but before she could retaliate, Tamzin had sunk her own, new fangs, into Sophie-Marie's neck. Her body turned limp as her consciousness floated into the darkness.
Tamzin's pupils dilated. Her iris turned blood red. Her bloodied face opened into a sick smile.
The Luna retreated as far back into her cage as she could.

Stein smiled. The screaming was fear, not pain. The time was now. He looked out on to the plains of dead land, battlefields of new old. The synthesised reanimation drugs had been loaded. "Hell will rise!" He said to himself.