“Do what you need to do. I got your back init” I nodded at him and sat back down preparing to un-pause the game till mum called us down.

“Shauney, Junior come down I need to talk to you” We both came rushing down the stairs to see mom sitting down at the dining table. We slowly approached her.

“What’s wrong mum” Strapz spoke up. She looked at us and pushed a couple papers towards us.

“Look, I’m tired of you two just staying at home and doing nothing with your life”

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t do nothing but sit on your lazy behinds and play fricking console” I sniggered a bit but her eyes instantly rolled over to me so I shut up.

“So I’m giving you options. Choice the college you want to go to. Decide by tomorrow or I will decide for you or pack your stuff and get out my house” With that she walked off leaving us with a pile of papers and forms on the table. I guess she really didn’t want us having to go back to the life we lived. We had both passed our GCSEs, Strapz’s mom ensured that no matter the business we got involved in where always attended school and did our best. But we never bothered to apply for a college. There was no point; I already predicted that I would have to leave college early to sort out business. I sighed and picked up any random form and read through it. If I had to go, then I might as well do the courses that enjoyed.

“What should we do?” I just had to give him the eye and kissed my teeth. Do I look like I want to be homeless, let alone have mum to disown me. Nahh I’m alright

“What do you think fool?” I picked up some of the papers and went through the colleges and the courses they were offering. He still looked baffed at me and I just kissed my teeth at him. I seriously believe that all the fucking he does has affected his brain. I threw a couple forms and booklets at him.

“Ohh” Was all the came out of him mouth. I didn’t even have the energy to reply. I picked up one of the booklets and read through. It seemed to be an alright school, good facilities and that. Throughout that night, we went through every booklet. By the time we had gone to bed, we had decided on a college that we were both pleased with.

***

My phone constant vibration bought me out of my sleep. I looked down at my phone screen, well more like trying to look down. I still had a lot of sleep in my eye, so just to open it was a mission. Once I saw who it was calling me, I felt some anger grew from within me as my sleep vanished

“Hello”

“Reaper, I need you to do a job for me”

“I’ll come down when I wake up” He chuckled

“No. You come down when I want you to. Not when you feel like coming down. Just know your place Reaper, don’t care if you are my best worker, might still need to teach you some manner” I could hear the smirk in his voice as he spoke. It felt so powerful, just ruining my life for me.

“Kl, whatever, I’ll be there soon”

“Good, now say bye properly” I held the laughter from coming out of my mouth. Really? Who does it think he is? Then I remembered what he told me the other day, and then I remembered who he thought he was. He thought he was God; could take lives as he pleased.

“I’ll be there soon Gucci”

“Good boy”

***

I clenched my fist as I banged the special knock on his door. I knew it would piss him off, but I still did it. I’m not a serious person, the amount of trouble I get myself into.