How could you? - Ch11

Reiner and I reach the tree and greet the four kids that are sitting under it. None of them is wearing the Military uniform. I guess they have the day off, and they are just hanging out here.

"Reiner! Hi!" A girl with dark wide eyes and black hair jumps up and hugs him.

Reiner let go of my hand and hugs her back.

"Gabi! How are you? This is (Name)" He says, pulling away from her hug.

The girl gives me an odd look, but after a few seconds a small smile curve on her lips.

"Hi, I'm Gabi, nice to meet to. I have heard a lot about you" She tells me extending her hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you too, Gabi. I have heard a lot about you too" I reply, shaking her hand.

"These are Udo, Zopia and Falco."Reiner introduces me to the other kids.

I shake Zopia's hand first. She has straight blond hair with shaggy bangs and light blue eyes.

Then I greet Falco. He has light hair and big light colored eyes. He gives me a bright and sincere smile.

Finally, I turn to Udo, and offer him my hand.

"Actually, Udo and I already know each other" I say looking at the boy who wears glasses.

"It's true, we do" Udo says, shaking my hand.

Reiner and the other look at us surprised.

"When did you two meet?" Reiner asks me

"Udo helped me find you, that time, when I went looking for you at the HQ... remember?" I say with a grimace.

His eyes widen when he realizes what I'm referring to.

"Ohh.. Ok then" He babbles. " Falco, Where is Colt?" He turns to the blond kid.

"I think he is with Zeke" Falco replies.

I sit down where the kids were sitting, hugging my legs near my chest.

Reiner is still on his feet, now talking with Udo, Falco and Zofia.

Gabi sits next to me, leaning back, pressing her hands on the grass.

"So, I heard you have already met my aunt" She says casually.

"Yes, I did... She is a lovely woman" I lie to her face.

"Yes, she is, but... I thought you hadn't got along so well" She says, tilting her head to the side.

"Well... I guess her and me... we just don't see things the same way" I shrug and look away.

"I told her that it must be hard for you. I mean, Reiner has been acting strange since he came back, and he wasn't even from there! I don't want to image the things you must have lived in that place to make you run away and came here. It's a real hell there, isn't it?" She looks at me with wide eyes.

What am I supposed to say to her? Yes, it was a nightmare, but because of all of you?

"Yes, It's hell. But I came here for Reiner" I sigh

She looks at me and nods.

"You must be very lonely" She says in a really low tone of voice, almost impossible for me to hear.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, leaning closer to her

"I said that you must be lonely. Well, not now, but when Reiner is gone" She turns to me with a sad look on her face.

"I chose not to think or talk about that" My voice comes out in a harsh tone, more that I intended to.

"That's fine. I understand" She whispers

"I'm sorry Gabi I..."

I'm about to apologize when Reiner sits next to me

"What are you ladies talking about?"

"Just girl talk" Gabi says in a cheerful tone. "I have to go home. See you guys later. It was nice to meet you (Name)" Gabi stands up and look at us.

"I was nice for me too Gabi" I say with a smile.

"We have to leave too" Zopia announces.

The four of them wave goodbye and leave me and Reiner alone.

"So, what were you two really talking about?" Reiner asks me raising an eyebrow.

I sigh and rest my head over his shoulder, looking at the lake.

"Your mother, Paradis, You, me... lots of things"

"What about you and me?" He moves his head to the side and kisses me on the top of my head.

"She thinks I'm going to be lonely when you are gone" I say in a monotone voice.

"Hum... well, she is right. I've been thinking about that too"

"You have?" I move to face him.

"Of course, and I even have an idea" He says with a silly smile.

"What?" I frown.

"We should have a baby"