How could you? - Ch8

"No"

"C'mon!"

"I said no"

I was in our home. In the Kitchen, to be more precised, just finishing washing some dishes and looking through the window.
Reiner was behind me, sitting at the table, His hand intertwined on top of it, looking at me.

"Why not?"

I turned around to face him.

"She hates me. I'm like the personification of everything she hates, Rainer. And if she meets me she will definitely hate me more. I don't even know how she haven't come here and kidnapped you away from this house"
I said Throwing my arms into the air, aggravated.

"You are over reacting. Is true she hates the Eldians from Paradis, but you are different. (Name), you are here with me. You came with me. The Marley military let you stay here. AND you had told me you would meet her, and she wants to meet you. She told me herself" He wouldn't give up.

"I said that before being here. Before I saw how all this people look at me. They will never accept me. They just tolerate me because of you. And I'm sure she only said thet because you pushed her into meeting me. Just like you are doing now. Why is this so important to you, anyway?"

"Because she is my mother?"
He titled his head, looking at me like I was asking the most stupid question in the world.

"I wouldn't do this to you" I glower at him

"Your parents are dead (Name)" He sighted

"I meant if they were alive. You insensitive jerk"

I tuned back, pressing my hands against the kitchen counter, looking through the window again. It was a little pass midday. The sky was clear, a beautiful warm, sunny day.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." He hurried to said.

Walking closer, he came up behind me, slipping his arms around my waist and hiding his face in my neck.

"If they were still here, I would definitely meet them" He whispered.

I Thought about that for a minute. What would my parent think of him? Of me? What would they think about the fact that I was in love with a guy who had once sworn to exterminate all people like me. That had caused so much death and suffering... The fact that he now felt guilty as hell would never change what he had done.

He had nightmares, and serious emotional and mental problems. He had even tried to kill himself! I still had not managed to forgiven him for that.

"I wouldn't have forced you to meet them" It was all I could say.

"Please, just this one time. We go, we have dinner with her, and then we come back here. Just the tree of us. I will make sure that my aunt, uncle and Gabi are not there, so you don't have to meet them...yet" He murmured the last part.

Lifting his face Reiner planted a few kisses across the nape of my neck. I loved that, and he knew it. Sneaky bastard.
I tilted my head to the side granting him more access to my neck.

"Fine. Just this time. AND just your mother" I said sighting defeated.

"Thank you. You won't regret it" He held me closer to him.

"Sure I will" I thought.