How could you? - Ch10

"I think you should come with me today and meet Gabi and the other kids, they are all here in Liberio today. What do you think?" Reiner ask me loud enough for me to hear.

I walk out of the bathroom after taking a shower.

I go into the bedroom, and start to get dressed. Reiner is waiting for me, sitting on the bed.

"You mean your cousin Gabi? And the other soon-to-be warriors?" I ask glancing at him, finishing getting dressed.

I have never met her in person, but I have heard about Gabi, and I remember the "talk" we had with his mother about her.

"Yes, them. I think It would be good for you to know them. I know you don't want to talk about it, but sooner or later one of them is going to take my place. And maybe if you know who they are and how they think, It would be easy for you..." He says looking at me.

"That doesn't make any sense at all. I'll never be ok with the fact that one of them in going to eat you!" I cross my arms over my chest, facing him.

"Don't think about it that way! My time would be up even if they do it or not. This way a least is like I keep living somehow. The one that inherit the Armored Titan will also inherit my memories." He remarks.

"You really don't believe that. All that crap about "Keep living". That's sounds like some shitty propaganda to make you and the rest feel better about something that sucks" I sigh and shake my head

"Ok. Fine. Don't come. Don't meet them. You are always trying to make things even harder than they already are! There is not option to this, do you understand? There is no way to change it even if you keep repeating that it's not fair, it sucks or whatever! I know it ok!? I KNOW IT'S NOT FAIR!"

He yells raising his arms over his head before standing up from the bed and walking away.

I stand there for a couple of seconds, shocked. Finally, I run after him, graving him by the shoulder, making him turn to face me.

I hug him, wrapping my arms around his waist, resting my head over his chest.

"Wait, wait please. You are right, I'm sorry. I'm always making things worse. I didn't meant too. It's just all of this is too sad to handle some times. But is not your fault, or those kids fault either, I know that. Please, don't get mad. I'll go, and I promise I'll behave OK?"

I say in a trembling voice, with my head still against his chest and my eyes closed.

He lets out a long sigh and hugs me back.

"Are you sure? Those kids are really loyal to Marley, like I used to be at their age. I don't want you to get crazy on them or even end up fighting with one of them" He pulls away and looks at me.

Used to be?

"Yes, I'm sure. I told you, I'll behave" I smile sweetly. He smiles back.

"OK, lets go then. I think I know where to find them".

He takes my hand, and I let him guide me out of the house.

Once on the street we walk a for about ten minutes, until we arrive at a lovely park. It has a small lake in the middle and I see some ducks swimming.

Some people are walking near the lake, others are just sitting in the grass, talking. Four kids are there, sitting under a nearby tree. Reiner squeezes my hand tighter, and we walk towards them.