Chapter Seven: Farewells and Crebain from Dunland

Chapter Seven:  Farewells and Crebain from Dunland

I can't believe that i am actually going through with this. I am really helping a Halfling bring the ring to Mordor, the same place that is home to the same evil that killed most of my kin. In a way this whole thing is just  to get my revenge on Sauron for hurting my people, and leaving the rest who survived to hide away in fear of being killed, and to mourn over the loss of family and friends. Its a childish thing to do but it will put my mind at rest knowing that he can't come back no matter how hard he tries to.

He will be gone forever.

I will make sure of that and won't fully rest until the job is completed.

All of this probably never would have happened if the ring wasn't created in the first place and Sauron wasn't one for wanting power. Though, i know that my wishes could never have truly come true.

My people are gone and never coming back even though i pray that the whole thing wasn't real in the first place that i am only dreaming and all of this was a mere nightmare that i would have forgotten in time, and continued on with my life with my family.

Methien and Calarion gave me my family heirlooms after the council for the one ring was over, and they knew that i was leaving them. This time maybe it was for good, but they expected this to happen and surprisingly just let it be without asking too much questions probably realizing that i wouldn't be able to tell them all about the quest that we are being sent on, and practically to our own demise.

I received a new bow, sword, dagger and some more smaller pieces of armor to go with the amount that i had been given. They were mithril as well which meant that i was going to be well protected since the armor itself is as hard as dragon scales.

My sword was supposedly my fathers and the dagger my brothers. That leaves the armor to my mother and it fits perfectly to my small frame.

The following morning couldn't have come soon enough for we were leaving the beautiful city of Rivendell, home of the Elves. We met by the entrance at dawn though some were legging behind after making sure that they had everything that they needed for this long journey.

There was practically no energy floating through the air as everyone was grim, knowing that some of us, probably most of us wouldn't make it after this long strenuous quest to destroy the ring that should have been destroyed all those years ago.

I was already packed not having that many valuables to take care of, or make sure that they are lost, so when we all met up to leave, i  among Gandalf, was the only one actually ready and was waited for the others to make sure they have everything. I knew that goodbyes take a long time to complete, and even the emotions would only drag you down.

Methien and Calarion left Rivendell before we got up, they told me that they were going to walk through the ruins of our ancestors temples and try to find their own salvation. They want to try and find our people to make peace with them and live the rest of their days with friendly faces. I had promised that after the quest that i would go looking for them and join them unless i desire otherwise and i would send a message to them somehow.

The sun broke the surface of the surrounding barrier of wall that went around Rivendell signally that we were now going to be leaving and we were no longer under the protection of the elves but ourselves, and we must rely on each other on our protection, even though introductions have been made, there is still tension in the group. This is when the Fellowship climb the long steep path out of the cloven vale of Rivendell and into the empty plains of the lands outside of the city.