Chapter Five: The Man and the Broken Blade

Chapter Five: The Man and Almost Meeting the Ranger of the North

The Hobbit, Frodo just woke up a few minutes ago and to say i am relieved is an understatement. The wizard, or as i know him now as Gandalf the Grey, came to thank me after i woke up from resting a couple days ago and asked a little bit about myself and my kind since the books aren't all that clear.

As weird as it sounds, i think he is my first friend here. I had a counsel with both Lord Elrond and Gandalf where i inquired about many things, about the last memories that i had about what was going on now in Middle-Earth. A about a day ago, a ranger and three more hobbits came, and i think that they were Frodo's company that was with him when he was impaled by the dagger. I haven't gotten enough courage to go and meet them yet, but i expect that my name will be said at least once since i am the one that healed him.

I haven't done much within the few days other than explore Rivendell a little bit and got a tour of some places by Arwin, Lord Elrond's daughter. She has been a really big help with getting used to being in this world and being someone that i can confined to. She has become like family these past days and i cant thank her enough for being there for me.

Wringing my fingers tiredly i look to my left when i hear the sound of hooves coming in its direction.

Seeing a horse fly though a small opening to Rivendell my eyes flickered up to the rider who was riding the beautiful chestnut colored mare. I first noticed the mans slight awe for what he saw around him and the most obvious fact that he indeed was of the race man. The man had an auburn tinted hair that reached his shoulders and he had a beard. I found something slightly off about him but i couldn't place my finger on it.

Call it an instinct.

Shrugging off the feeling i gently jump down to the ground landing with hardly a sound making me smile. I am still not used to this, being able to walk around with silent footsteps that no one can hear. The fact that i can hear people talking from far away, is both weird and unnerving but i cannot say that this isn't something that comes naturally to me.

My guardians have been keeping distance, but also have been telling me things about our kind as well as our kingdom and about the things that i cant remember from being too young. They have been answering any questions i have and haven't been pressuring me into forgiving them.

Some elves swooped in and took the man's horse, most likely to the stables and then they led the man through the paths bringing him to his room where he will be staying.

The man stood with his head held high and he was practically radiating with arrogance. He followed the elves with a stance of leadership and hostility that made me wonder why he was here in the first place if he wasn't all that trust worthy of Elves.

Looking up in the direction od Lord Elrond's chambers i could see both Gandalf and Elrond standing out on the balcony watching the man arrive through the Rivendell gate. I could see their lips moving but even being an elf they were too far away for me to be able to hear what they were saying.

Grounding my teeth together to fight the urge to spy on what those two were talking to i began to making the walk back to the room that i am staying in. The gravel path was crunching loudly under my feet since my footsteps were heavy and not trying to be quiet, who is there to disturb?

Running my finger tips against the stone walls i got a glimpse of a doorway that i have never been in before, which was surprising because i gave myself a huge tour as soon as i had woken up. Biting my lip i take a quick glance around me seeing no one there i making my footsteps light as i enter the small pavilion type of room. It was a gallery and it reminded me a lot of the one that i had in my kingdom that told stories of out ancestors and about the other races.