Outside

Why didn't she think of it? Arrgghhh she was stressed. Ariel was going to pay for stressing her when she found her.

She dragged herself off the chain wearily and walked out to find her.

'Ariel,' she called out once more.

'Meg?' Someone touched her arm and she jumped.

'Jake! oh, it's you. You scared me.' She breathed out in relief.

'What are you doing out here? ' he asked with a frown.

'I'm searching for my friend. I can't seem to find her anywhere.' She said with a frown grazing her face.

'Come on let's ask the security guy.' He pulled her along after him.

'Hey. Have you seen my friend? She was wearing a black dress with braids. She's an average height. She has a mole above her lips. I haven't seen her, so I thought she may have gone out.'

'Ariel?'

'Yes, you know her?' He nodded slowly.

'She left about three hours ago for a walk. She never came back so I reckoned she went home.' He answered.

'Oh thanks,' Jake answered.

'She's not a big fan of parties, you see,' she said with guilt laced in her voice.

'We'll find her soon.' He said trying to comfort her and she nodded her head and smiled at him.

'Have you tried calling her cell phone?' He asked her as they went out of the gate. She stopped abruptly and turned to look at him with wide eyes.

'Oh, God!' He exclaimed slapping his forehead. 'Wow... no words. You need a good flick on the forehead.' And she laughed.

'Um... I have a voice message from her.' She frowned looking at her phone.

'That's good, isn't it?' He asked.

'No. Ariel hates voice messages. She sends texts instead. She thinks that voice messages are weird. I'll put it on loud speaker.'

'Meg it's me, call the police. I'm being chased by kidnappers. Please get this on time. I'll leave the phone on so that you can hear the conversation in case they catch up with me.

'Bloody hell bitch you'll pay for making me run.'

'But I never asked you to run after me'

*slap*

'Anyway Princess, you ran towards our car.'

*boys snickering*

*Ariel laughing as they stop*

'She's supposed to be scared Nathan but instead, I'm terrified. Why on hades is she laughing?'

'Wait so you mean *laughter* you parked your car here and you *laughter* walked all the way from here to the place where I met you to kidnap me?'

'We wanted the kidnapping to be discreet.'

'So you mean that after you had kidnapped me, you would have carried me all the way here and that would have been more discreet?'

'You know what. Shut up! One more word and you'll regret it.'

'Oh, God.' Jake exclaimed.  'Call the police Meg.' He said. She didn't move.

'Meg?' He called her more softly. 'Are you okay?'
She stood transfixed at that point. He looked at her eyes, they were full of confusion. He touched her arm and she flinched.