↠ my favorite horror movies.

Originally, this was a spooky month chapter I made back in October for Halloween! Even though Halloween is over, it's always Halloween for me, so I'm bringing back my list of favorites! I want to make a little chapter series in this book covering all things horror, especially my favorite movies!

This list could potentially introduce you to movies you've never watched or maybe even a new favorite!

  

MY FAVORITE HORROR MOVIES ⤵︎
May sixteenth, 2024

MY FAVORITE HORROR MOVIES ⤵︎May sixteenth, 2024

1 ) MISERY (1990)

𒐀 Starting this list off with my all-time favorite movie. If you know me, you know that I absolutely love anything to do with Stephen King. Misery was the first King adaptation I watched & the first King book I read, so I'm always the first to hype it up whenever I get the chance.

SYNOPSIS: After a serious car crash, novelist Paul Sheldon (James Caan) is rescued by former nurse Annie Wilkes (Kathy Bates), who claims to be his biggest fan. Annie brings him to her remote cabin to recover, where her obsession takes a dark turn when she discovers Sheldon is killing off her favorite character from his novels. As Sheldon devises plans for escape, Annie grows increasingly controlling, even violent, as she forces the author to shape his writing to suit her twisted fantasies.

𒐀 I might love this movie so much, because it features a novelist as a main character. The vibes of this movie are immaculate. I love the portrayal of the obsessed fan, Katy Bates did an amazing job with the acting. There will never be enough words to express how much I love this movie & the story it tells. If you're looking for a great introduction to King's books & movie adaptations, I definitely recommend Misery!

 If you're looking for a great introduction to King's books & movie adaptations, I definitely recommend Misery!

2 ) HOUSE OF WAX (2005)

𒐀 Forever one of my comfort movies. I have been watching this movie since it came out (yes, I was five, watching horror movies). I love this movie so much, I have two copies of it on DVD. Don't ask me why, I just feel the need to own two, lmao. Anywho, I truly believe this movie helped craft my current favorites in horror.  This is a remake of the 1953 version. I even have a fanfiction for this movie in my drafts! Shout out to you if you remember Ignite.