Needing More

*Your Point Of View*

Grayson jumps up and shoots me a scared glare, "Get up!" he whispers loudly.

I sit up quickly and move my skirt down on top of my lap to cover myself and I adjust my shirt down over my stomach. He grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet, making me stumble a bit.

"Go upstairs." He says, strictly. I nod and run as fast and as quietly as I can up the stairs. I stop at the top stair and lean against the wall, trying to catch my breath.

"Hey honey." is all I hear Grayson say from downstairs, making me take a quick deep breath as I run up to William's room. I look around frantically and try to get my heart to slow down. It feels like it's racing a million miles a minute.

*Grayson's Point Of View*

Amber sets her bags down on the counter and takes a big sigh. "Today was way too stressful." She says, relieved to be home.

I stand still in front of the couch, grabbing my mouth with my hand to wipe whatever is on it from a bit earlier, away. I feel sweaty and out of breath, but I try my hardest to keep my composure.

"You're home early." I say, continuing the conversation, as I slowly make a few steps forward towards her, while staring towards the front hall that leads to the stairs.

"Not really... it's 4." She says, as she grabs a glass from the cupboard. She turns the sink on and fills her glass with water, drinking it fast as I run my hand behind my head.

"The nanny is still here? I saw her car outside." She says, turning to me.

"I just got her a little before you." I lied.

She nods and sits on a bar stool. "Is she upstairs? Where are the kids? Asleep?" She asks, messing with the ring I proposed to her with three years ago and the wedding band I placed on her finger two years ago. I shudder at the thought of how bad of a husband I'm being, but I push it to the back of my mind to worry about later. Or maybe never.

"She must be. Like I said, I just got here." I say, as I shrug.

All the sudden I hear foot steps come down from the stairs, as I turn my head quickly to see our nanny holding William in her arms. She's staring straight into my eyes and I feel myself adjust my back.

"Oh you're both home." She says, in a lovely tone, turning her attention onto Amber.

She's playing along so well, I think to myself. I try to hide a smile but I smile anyways.

"There's my little chunky monkey!" Amber says in a baby voice, standing up and reaching her arms out for William. He smiles, his adorable little smile.

She hands William to Amber and awkwardly swings her arms by her sides, throwing me a look as she slightly bites her lip.

Fuck.

I fucking love when she looks so innocent.

I bite the side of my cheek to try to remain composed.

"I should be going." She says, as she gestures to her purse and starts to walk towards it. Amber holds onto William on her hip and says, "When was the last time he ate?"