First Impressions

*Your point of view*

I pull into the driveway of a huge suburban looking house, with white panel siding and a big red front door. The driveway is long, wrapping around a fountain in the front of the house. I park my car under a tree for shade and open my door to the glaring hot sun. The land surrounding the house is so vast, stretching on and on for what seems like miles. The neighbors are far into the distance, making this a secluded place for a home. I walk towards the front steps and take a deep breath. I'm so nervous, I feel my pulse jumping through my veins. I want to make a very good first impression. I need this job so bad to pay my father back for paying for my car. I promised him and I never break my promises. This job was the only one I could find, and I was lucky this lady reached out to me about the job... and honestly it sounds really easy. Just come five days a week, and watch a two and a half year old and a five month old. I stand in front of the vibrant red door and knock twice.

All the sudden the door creaks open and a beautiful woman with blonde hair appears from inside the house. She's wearing a knee length black dress, hugging her curves in all the right places. Her lips are stained red with lipstick, making her teeth gleam a glowing white. Her hair is perfectly curled, bouncing off her shoulders as she reaches out her hand. A big diamond ring hugs her ring finger on her left hand, catching the suns rays in it, making it twinkle and catch my attention.

"Ah, I'm so glad you found the house! Most people make a wrong turn out here in the country. My name is Amber. Come in, come in!" She gestures me inside, speaking in an overly enthusiastic tone.

I follow her inside and am taken back by the house immediately. Cool colors of white and grey fill the house, making it appear perfectly clean and composed. White walls, and grey accents. It's so very pleasing to the eye. I immediately feel out of place with my button up orange flannel and ripped jean shorts, with my converse... but I pretend to be as confident as ever.

"You're so lovely! I really like your shoes!" She says kindly, opening the fridge and grabbing a baby bottle full of milk.

"Thank you!" I say back.

"Okay well, where should we start? This is the kitchen. You can help yourself to whatever it is you'd like." She sets the bottle in a bottle heater, and opens the cabinets and showcases the amount of food they have. I nod, letting her know I understand.

She shows me the living room, dining room, front play room, library, and game lounge.

We make our way upstairs, not thinking I could be impressed anymore than I already have by the house.

We turn the corner into a bedroom and a little boy runs up to her, screaming, "Mommy!" She picks him up in her arms and kisses his cheek. I wave to him and he cowers in her arms shyly. She laughs and turns to me.

"This is Josh. He's really shy. And a total weirdo." She says in a laugh, while moving his hair from his face.

"Like dada!" He says, pointing towards the door.

I turn around and I see... a really attractive man. He's holding a baby in his arms and is staring straight at me.

"This is Grayson." Amber says behind me, as she walks up beside me. She sets Josh down and he runs to Grayson and throws his little arms around his leg.

"Nice to meet you." He smiles, while patting Josh's head.

"You might know him from YouTube and MTV?" Amber says in a question.