Chapter 7

As I heard the scream I dropped everything and ran downstairs. I saw my aunt crying. It was terrible, I saw that she was on the phone so I took it from her hand and said hello.

"Hello is this Kylie Mason?"

"Yes, who is this"

"I am sorry to tell you this but, your parents were in a terrible car accident and are gone."

"No" I screamed. This couldn't be happening. At that moment my whole world fell apart.

"What's with all the screaming " Chloe said. Once she saw me and my aunt she tried to calm us down. Once I explained everything, we all sat there in silence.

" Chloe, I didn't know about Kylie's parents. I screamed the first time, because Chloe your parents were coming home from the army this week. But they got shot in battle and only have a short time to live. I am so sorry for both of you" Kelly said as she started to cry.

"No this isn't right they didn't die they are going to be fine. Please say that they are fine. Please..." Chloe said as she started to cry even more.

Why did this have to happen? Why did we both have to lose our parents? It seemed that everything has fallen apart.

*ONE WEEK LATER*

It has been a week since Chloe and I heard about our parents. We have had a really tough week and are heading of to Portland for their funerals. Chloe hasn't spoken to anyone lately, she doesn't answer her phone, or somedays even get out of bed.

I have handled it a little better, I have had to comfort Chloe and Kelly. I think and I hope that after the funereal Chloe can be happy again or at least have hope.

We just got off the plane and are heading to the funereal. It was so sad the ceremony, but Chloe has at least spoken when we were there. We saw our families and close friends. Everyone was crying and we could barely handle seeing them being buried. We had no idea what might happen after this.