Chapter 7 - The 3 Headed Dog?!?!

We were walking up the stairs to the Gryffindor common room. Harry, Ron and I were talking while Hermione was walking slightly ahead.
"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do." Ron exclaimed.
"Who doesn't?" Harry questions us just as the staircase jolts, suddenly. I clutch into the railing as the stairs move.
"What's happening?" Harry yells
"The staircases change, remember?" I yell back just as the staircase arrives at its new destination. We run off the stairs and stop at the top, thinking about what to do.
"Let's go this way." Harry says leading the way. We follow him into a dark spooky room.
"Does anyone feel like..." Harry starts
"we shouldn't be here?" I gulp
"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden." Hermione announces her voice echoing around the room.
Then all of a sudden, a light appears lighting up the room. Mrs Norris, Filch's car appears her beast eyes set on us, like their staring into our souls. She makes the other 3 jump as they didn't see her come in.
"Let's go!" I whisper as the car meows.
"It's Filch's cat!" Ron hisses.
"Run!"
We all sprint out of the room and reach a door. Harry pulls on it and finds out it's locked.
"That's it, we're done for!" Ron says slightly too loudly making me glare daggers at him.
Hermione shoves the boys to the side and performs an unlocking charm. We all father inside the room and I push the door shut quietly.
I miss the next convosation between the 3 because my eyes are fixed on the giant 3 headed dog in front of me. It snarles just as the others realize it's there.
"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" We all scream at the top of our voices. Just as we stumble out of the room I steal a second glance at the monster. It's stood on a trap door. Just then Ron grabs my wrist and drags me along the corridors all the way to the common room.
As we stop near the dorms, I bend over breathless.
"What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." Ron whisper yells.
"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione fires back.
"I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" I stand up straight and pat my twin on the shoulder.
"It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something."
"Guarding something?" Harry questions
"That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed...or worse, expelled!"
I almost burst out laughing when she comes out with this, but I hold my breath to not earn a hit on the back of the head.
"She needs to sort out her priorities!" Ron and I exclaim after I manage to get over my almost laughing fit. Harry nods, confused. We say goodnight and I enter the common room. Hermione is fast asleep by the time I finish getting ready. I snuggle under my covers and let the darkeness and warmness take over my body.
♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡
Hello pinapples
Sorry for not updating but I've just entered year 9 and I've got so much homework!
Also it was my birthday last week and my cousin's yesterday. But I'm back and will carry on updating as much as possible. It's only a few more weeks till half-term for me and then I will be able to post loads. Also thank you for over 300 reads!
Bye my pinapples 🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍