All About BTS

BTS (방탄소년단) consists of 7 members: 

Rap Monster, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, V, Jimin and Jungkook.

 BTS debuted on June 13, 2013, under Big Hit Entertainment, with the lead single 'No More Dream' on album '2 Cool 4 Skool'.  

BTS Fandom Name: A.R.M.Y (Adorable Representative MC for Youth)

BTS Official Light Stick Color: Silver-Gray

  BTS perform on stage during the MBC Music "Show Champion" on Sept. 10, 2014 in Ilsan, South Korea.   

10 Most Facts We Should Know About BTS:

1. BTS stands for Bangtan Sonyeondan, which means "Bulletproof Boy Scouts"

At the time of their release, the group's name surprised fans with how cheesy it sounded, thanks to its Cub Scout-inducing name. Luckily, the group picked BTS as their English-language tag, saving face for English-speaking fans.

2. There Are Seven Members

Five is the typical amount of members for American boy bands, but Korea has gone all the way up to double digits, so seven is pretty tame. BTS consists of rappers Rap Monster, Suga and J-Hope and vocalists Jin, Jimin, V and Jungkook. Out of the septet, only Jimin and Jungkook don't go by their stage names.

3. They Produce Most of Their Music

Each of the seven members of BTS has their fair share of writing credits littered throughout the group's discography, with rappers Suga and Rap Monster in particular gaining recognition as producers. The group has co-written the majority of their songs with Korean producer Pdogg and Slow Rabbit to create their distinct hip-hop-infused dance style.