Protect

Suddenly my heart pace gets slower, close to normal, I don't feel cold anymore and it feels like something is behind me. It doesn't feel uncomfortable, I don't have the urge to look, it feels familiar.

   "Was that you? Did you move the swings?" Sam asks and the planchette moves to No, but this time way slower than before.

   "That was slower." I say and the others nod.

   "Are you still the spirit we talked to just a few seconds ago?" Colby asks and it's again a no. "So you're a different spirit?" It moves to Yes.

   "Why are you here?" Kat asks. PROTECTION get spelled out. We all look at each other.

   "So that was a bad spirit we talked to?" I ask this time and as I thought the answer is yes.

   "Why do you protect us?" My heart skips a beat as it spells FAMILY.

   "Oh my god." I say under my breath and I look at my fingers on the wooden plachette.

   "Everything alright, Elli?" Colby asks, looking concerned. I nod, looking from him to the board.

   "Did you die a natural death?" I ask, staring at the planchette. It moves to yes. "Did you die in the US?" As it moves to No, tears start filling up my eyes. I mumble "Granny?" under my breath so no one heard it, but the planchette moves to Yes. I stand up and wipe my hands over my eyes to get rid of the tears. That can't be true.

   "Elli, what's wrong?" Kat asks. All three look at me concerned. I give them a half smile and sit back down. I put my fingers back on the planchette and explain.

   "I think the spirit we're talking to right now is my grandma." They look at me confused.

   "How do you know?" Sam asks frowning.

   "My granny cared the most about her family. That wasn't just me. It were her friends and my friends. She really called her friends sister and brother and she saw my friends as my sisters too. And she was all about protecting the family. With you guys being my friends you are her family and she'll protect you too. She protected us from what ever that was." I explain my thoughts and point to the swing.

   "But you know that demons can steal identities from our loved ones who passed away? It could be a demon again." Sam says not quiet believeing me. I shake my head.

   "I'm sure it's my grandma. As the swing started to move and you explained what happened to the people watching, my heart suddenly stopped racing. And it wasn't cold anymore and I felt and still feel a presence behind me, but a familiar one, a comforting one." Colby next to me nods.

   "Yes, I feel it too." he agrees with me and I smile at him thankfully.

   "Now that you mention it... I feel warmer too." Katrina says.

   "So are you Ellis grandma?" Sam asks and it moves to yes. "I'm still not trusting that." The blonde says. "Could you asks things only your grandma would know?" I tilt my head.

   "But if a demon took over her identity, wouldn't it know the answers?" Colby asks and I nod agreeing. I thought of that too.

   "I don't know. Just try." I nod again and think. What could I ask.

   "What did you call me?" The planchette moves and tears are rising again.

   "Little Wonder?" I nod and bite my lip.

   "What loss was the hardest for me, except yours?" I ask further. I'm actually pretty scared of the answer, 'cause I try not to think about her.

   "Who's Kira?" Colby asks cautious. The first tears are leaving my eyes.

   "Long story and too personal for the internet." I say and give them a kinda weak smile before I wipe away my tears.

   "Okay... Well. You wanna know anything else?" Kat asks and I shake my head.

   Suddenly a sound as if someone throws a rock against the tree pretty close to us is heared and we all turn to the tree. We see nothing but darkness. Then the planchette under our fingers moves. We all look back to the board.

   "L-E-A-V-E. Leave." Sam says and in that moment the planchette moves to the goodbye field.

   "I say we listen to that and leave." Kat says and I agree. We all stand up, Colby puts the board away and Sam grabs the camera as I hear a branche break. This time I see something as I look back to the tree.

   "Oh my god!" I exclaim and stand there in shock unable to move. Colby turns around.

   "Is that a clown?" It is and it's start to walk towards us. Colby takes my hand and pulls me away. "Run!" he exclaims and I do so. Kat and Sam are already further away, but they stop as they hear Colby yell and turn around.

   "Oh my god, run!" Kat yells to us as I hear the clown running after us.

   But then the person under the mask yells and I turn and stop abruptly. Colby stops too because of the sudden stop.

   "An owl is attacking him." I say and try to comprehend what is happening.

   "That's fucking weird, but let us get away as long as this owl is stopping this guy." I nod and so we start running again to the parking lot where the cars are parked, still hand in hand.

We stand in front of Sam's car, the camera ontop of it.

   "This wasn't planned at all." Sam says and we all nod. "I know you guys didn't see it, but there was a clown chasing us." he explains what happens a few moments ago.

   "Not just that. It got attacked by an owl." Colby tells everyone except me for the first time.

   "What?" Kat looks at us as confused as Sam.

   "Yea. A freaking owl attacked the clown so Colby and I could escape. He was fucking close to us." I say and Colby nods. "You might think I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure my granny just saved our asses by somehow convincing that owl to attack the clown." I tell them what I think.

   "I don't know if spirits can do stuff like that, but if she wouldn't have warned us to leave, we probably wouldn't have got away that lucky." Sam claims.

After we finished the outro, Colby and I went to his car to get home. I just wanna sleep. I wanna try at least.

   "You okay?" Colby asks after a while of driving. I nod with my head against the cool window.

   "Yea. Ignoring the fact that I had the oppertunity to talk to my grandma and couldn't really use it, that she warned us and saved us from an evil spirit and a clown and of course that a fucking clown was after us... I'm okay." I turn so that I can give him a smile that shows him that I'm really fine.

   "Good. Just want to make sure." I look back out of the window.

   "Are you okay?" I ask him the same and look back to him.

   "Yes. More or less due to the facts you just counted out. And I'm tired." I lean my head against the head part of the seat.

   "Yes! Same, but I don't know if I'll be able to sleep." Colby opens the gate to the mansion via remote and parks in front of the house. I get out and sigh relieved. A bed is near.

   Colby opens the door for me like a gentleman.

   "Hey, Colby." I say while turning around and walking backwards a little. "Do you think I could sleep with you? I mean in your bed?" I ask him. "Because I don't think I'll get a minute of rest in my room." He smirks and stops me by putting his hands on my waist.

   "Sure. I'd be happy to know you next to me and to be honest..." He comes a little closer so only a piece of paper fits between our bodys. "You could move right in?" he smiles and so do I.

   "If that's okay for you?" He just leans down and kisses me.

   "A hundred percent." I smile and he kisses me again before we go upstairs.