An Angel Of Corruption

Start from the beginning

"Hi, you must be Mr. Harper. Nice to meet you, I'm Tyler" I offered him my hand and he took it.

"Who's there honey?" a woman said as she approached the front door.

"It's Chloe's friend, maybe he could persuade her" Mr. Harper said to- I assume- his wife.

"Is Chloe okay? Did anything happen to her?" I blurted.

"Well, she hasn't been eating properly or going to school. I hardly see her out of her room nowadays" Chloe's mother replied.

"May I speak to her?"

"Of course, she's upstairs."

I hurriedly ran up the stairs, skipping two steps and turned to the right.

*Knock knock*

"Chloe it's me, Tyler" I placed my ear to the door and heard the sound of movement.

All I could hear were things being moved about and then I heard a sudden thud. Without wasting another second, I burst opened her door and saw her clutching her ankle. Her face was full of pain and I rushed over to her.

"What happened? Are you okay?" as soon as our eyes locked contact, she looked away and covered her face.

"Why are you here? Just leave."

"No I'm not leaving you, how could I?"

"I don't want you here right now."

"I'll leave later if you really want me to, but we'll have to deal with your ankle first" this made her no longer complain and I gently carried her bridal style to her bed.

I inspected her leg and looked to the side, where her computer chair was knocked over.

"Do you have bandages? You probably just twisted it a little" I said as she pointed to a box under her table and I reached over to grab it.

After a few minutes, I completed wrapping the bandage around her ankle. We both sat here on her bed in silence until she broke it.

"Why did you come here?"

"I was worried sick. You haven't been coming to school and I've missed you."

"I just feel so tired, I don't want to go back" she now looked at me with sorrow in her eyes.

"We can talk about school after doing one important thing. Wait here" I swiftly flew past the stairs and approached Chloe's parents.

"Hi Mr. and Ms. Harper, is it okay if I cook something for her?" when I was given permission, I went straight to the kitchen and looked around.

There were about 10 different drawers and I opened every single one of them. I searched for frozen chicken, noodles, vegetables such as carrots and onions, water, white wine, lemon juice, ginger and seasoning.

First I shredded the chicken and then heated it with some vegetables. When that was ready, I slowly added in the other ingredients. Lastly, I placed in some noodles and garnished it with seasoning.

I poured the ginger chicken soup into a bowl and then I looked up. I realized that Ms. Harper was staring at my dish in amazement.

"When did you learn that? It looks delicious" she asked.

"My mum used to easily get sick and so I learnt how to cook when I was young."

"Your mother is such a lucky women. Is it possible for me to meet her?"

"Um, s- she passed away when I was little"

"I'm sorry, but she would be so proud of you my dear" her comforting words made me feel warm and happy. She opened her arms wide and smiled softly.

I walked over to her and gave her a tight hug, "Thank you."

~~~

Chloe's POV

The bandages that wrapped tightly around my ankle made me think of Tyler. Does he really care about me this much? Does he love me as much as I love him? All of these questions popped up in my head and soon disappeared as Tyler walked in.

"Hey, I made you food. It has chicken in it, your favourite" he said, carrying a large bowl of noodle soup.

"I'm not hungry."

"Come on, I heard you haven't been eating. So let me feed you, please?"

Sigh.

"Okay fine" I gave in and allowed him to spoon feed me.

"Say ahh."

" Ahh" spoon after spoon full of soup and noodles, the bowl soon became empty.

"I was meaning to ask but, what happened to your forehead?" I said as I look right in the middle of Tyler's forehead where a small purple bruise appeared.

"What do you- " he started, "Oh right, um it's because of you. I couldn't focus today in class and then I got injured."

"I still have no clue how you could've- "

"Shh, just let me watch you for a bit."

"Tyler y-you're a b-bit close" I stuttered as my body fell backward towards my bed, while Tyler was hovering just centimeters above me.

"You're blushing like crazy, it's so cute. But don't worry I won't do anything" the close proximity allowed me to inhale his sweet cologne.

We didn't talk, at all.

All he did was stare at me as I awkwardly tried to look away. Soon he moved his index finger to his lips, silently saying 'Kiss me'. I shook my head causing him to pout like a little baby. He did it again and again and I kept on denying his request.

"Could you, get off me?"

"Not until you give me what I want" he said in a very squeaky child-like voice.

"No."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Chloe? Tyler?" I fiercely pushed Tyler back and he fell to the floor with a thud.

"It's not what you think mum. Promise" but the wide eyes that my mother had told me that she didn't believe me.

"I-it's okay, so I assume that he's your boyfriend Chloe?" she asked.

"Sorry for not introducing myself properly" Tyler quickly responded.

"I'll just let you two do whatever you were doing. Sorry for interrupting."

"Mum! It's not what you think!"