An Empty Broken Shell

Ace's POV

The day after these two months was something that I desperately longed for. It's been too long and I can't wait to come back home. If only I could just snap my fingers and be transported back. Sadly, that's only something that would happen within books and movies.

"Hey, we'll miss you. Make sure you come visit us every now and then" said Ash, giving me a hug.

I replied with, "I'll miss you all too and of course I have to come back to visit. Just remember to be here when I get back." I smiled at everyone standing here, but it was difficult to say goodbye.

"Always. We'll come over to visit you as well when we can. Let's not lose contact, my friend."

~~~

With excitement, I finally stepped off of the plane and had my first few steps on the land of Australia.

"Wow, I can't believe this. I'm back." I whispered to myself.

Today was quite an important day and not only because I'm back home, but something special happened to Chloe. She was invited to an event where many aspiring celebrities and famous people come to be recognized for their work and to receive different types of awards.

Chloe doesn't even know that I'm here yet, she thinks that I won't be coming back for another two days.

I decided to surprise her and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. Though I feel pretty exhausted from the flight, I think that I just need a long shower and then I should be fine.

Let's hurry, I wouldn't want to be late to the event.

I rushed into the shower as soon as I got home and felt the hot sensation of water streaming down my back. The soft sprinkle of water flowed onto my face as I lifted it towards the shower hose.

How relaxing, I thought.

Within a few minutes, I was out and before you could even blink, I was fully dressed.

Wanting to look my best, I wore a simple white button-up shirt with a dark red tie. Along with a dark navy blue blazer and long navy slacks, paired with a silver watch.

I hope this will impress her.

~~~

Tyler's POV

A gush of wind rushed towards me as these tall brown doors opened. With a glance, you could tell that there were many popular people, all dressed in beautiful dresses and suits. In the distance in front of me was a huge stage and to my left and right were white round tables, all lined up neatly.

Being in this room full of a bunch of people was certainly not a surprise for me, as this event is something very big and I was so honored to be invited here.

One main thing about this event is that you don't know the guest list at all unless you were invited by another person. You could only assume who got invited and who didn't, so at the moment I couldn't seem to find anyone that I personally knew.

So I just stood by the food table, grabbed a plate and began to munch away. As I was walking back to my table, I noticed someone extremely familiar.

Ace? I thought, no it couldn't be him, could it?

The tall male dressed in blue turned around and revealed to me his face.