The Growth Of Friendship

Chloe's POV

The four of us sat inside our tent as laughter surrounded us.

"I will place this reverse card. So it's your turn Ace" I said, as I gently placed down the card on top of the messy pile.

"Hm, I will put down this skip card. Your turn Lina" Ace said.

"I'll just put this plus four down" Lina smirked as she stared right at me.

However, I had a whole bunch of plus cards and I knew I could easily defeat them all. So I smirked back and took out a plus two.

"Pick up Ace, six cards!"

"Nah uh, plus two" Ace placed down his card and tension began to build.

"Plus four!"

"Plus four!"

"Plus two!"

"No!" Ace yelled, as he clutched his head and groaned.

While Tyler, Ace and I burst out in amusement and watched him as he picked up exactly eighteen cards.

"Uno!"

"Uno."

"Uno, Ace you lost!"

The time seemed to have stopped and the smiles on everyone's faces were shining radiantly. I will never forget this moment as the feeling of happiness will never be forgotten.

~~~

Dinner was served at 6 o'clock in the hall and tonight we were having chicken lasagne-my favourite- or macaroni and cheese.

I took a seat at an empty table and waited for the others to arrive. I stared down at my lasagne and it looked so delicious, I almost couldn't resist eating first.

"Haha Xavier, if you're hungry you should've just started eating" I looked up and to my surprise, it was Alexis.

"Here, let me help you" my chair was tipped backward, causing me to fall with it.

I stared at her in horror as she began to reach for my wig, with an evil smirk on her face.

"What are you doing?" Tyler's eyes were as cold as ice as he grabbed onto her arm.

"Don't you remember what you did Alexis? Do you really want me to send them to everyone?"

"N-No, I'm s-sorry." Alexis whimpered as she walked off, but only after giving me the biggest glare.

"Give me your hand," was what Tyler said and so I gave him my hand. He lifted me up along with the chair and took a seat beside me.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked as he placed his warm hands on my cheeks.

"Yeah I'm okay" I leaned in closer whispering the words, "Pookie bear" so that the others couldn't hear.

It felt like a little bubble surrounded us and we could no longer hear the people around us. We were stuck in our own little world.

But that easily changed when we heard a few gasps and whispers of "Is Tyler gay?"

This immediately made us stop daydreaming and the redness across our faces showed our embarrassment.

"What happened here? I keep hearing rumors that you're gay or something" Lina said as she and Ace took a seat opposite to us.

"Haha no I'm not, I don't know what everyone's saying."