[AC2] You're Gonna Go Far, Kid [11]

"Cristina! Cristina!" the dark-haired Auditore shouts up into the night.

"Who's there?" came the woman's voice and a grin split across Ezio's voice.

"It's me!" came the very... specific... reply. The windows above opened outwards as the dark-haired Cristina appeared.

"Oh? Ezio, it's you! Well, come on in." she cooed happily, turning and walking back into her room. "But only for a minute."

"A minute is all I need!" Ezio grinned cockily as he began scaling the building to her window with ease.

"Indeed." Came the amused reply from Cristina.

"Wa-wait..." Ezio's grin slipped off of his face as he entered her window easily. "That came out wrong..."

---------------->

"I'm back!" Miranda gasped, stumbling into Paola's home. She had run the last few streets to avoid and lose the guards, and though this sounded easy, it wasn't as simple as that. It required lots of back tracking and climbing over buildings and crates to lose the persistent guards.

"What took you so long, Miranda?" a voice yawned out from the corner. Her dark eyes glanced over from behind her glasses to spot her friend and mentor Demetrio - an arm of his wrapped around a prostitute each. She sighed at the sight but let the rant that was on the tip of her tongue die off easily.

"I should be asking you what you're doing here, Demetrio. You're supposed to be back at HQ." Miranda snorts, a hand on her hip as she pulled the gold-lined hood down around her neck.

"There you go creating such weird words again. What's this HQ thing?"

Miranda sighed as Paola smiled at the friends as she drifted away out of the room and upstairs. Those two were rather humorous to listen to, but she figured now wasn't the time to poke fun at them.

"Seriously, why are you here, Demetrio?" the shaggy-haired assassin sighed before his face turned serious.

"Our home was attacked." Miranda's eyes widened as that little fact sunk into her brain, though Demetrio didn't wait for her to respond as he continued; "Apparently we still haven't caught our head traitor. The whole place is burned to the ground, only a few of us are even alive anymore. What's left of us is scattered..."

--------------------->

Ezio pushed himself up and over the window sill and away from Cristina's angry father. He had barged into her room to wake his daughter up for her studies when he found the two sleeping together. Ezio was just glad he had clothed himself after their 'fun' last night and thus could easily rush off.

"I'll have your head, boy!"

"Oh, come on, sir! It wasn't anything serious, I promise! She just needed some help with... something..." Ezio finished lamely, shrugging his hands outwards as the bystanders watched the shouting men.

"GUARDS! KILL HIM!" Cristina's father shouted, pointing at the Auditore child. Ezio's body tensed at that as several guards rushed him from their post nearby.

"Now, come on, this is all just a big misunderstanding!" Ezio attempted, before turning and promptly rushing away.

-------------------------> Several Hours Later

Ezio returned to his home after helping Claudia and his mother, Maria with their errands. In the process he had met an aspiring artist named Leonardo Da Vinci and got to beat up Claudia's cheating boyfriend, Duccio. It was looking up to be a fine day. Now he was on his way to deliver two letters from his father and to retrieve one for him from a nearby pigeon coop. All in a day's work...