Chapter 13

Lauren's P.O.V

Frangi-Pan: Yoooooooooooo I did it
Frangi-Pan: Look up Halsey on Spotify

Me: I'm so proud of you babe 😭

Frangi-Pan: Celebratory ice cream?

Me: Bring me some, I'm not going out

Frangi-Pan: What happened anyway? Dinah won't talk.

Me: Um...I'll explain when you get here

Frangi-Pan: vanilla?

Me: Yes
——
"Camz!" I called out weakly and held my blanket closer to my body.

Camila walked in and leaned over the back of the couch. "What do you need Lo?" She asked and I smiled at the sweet tone she used.

"Can Ashley come over for a bit?" I asked and she thought for a moment.

"She leaves before dinner, got it?" She asked and I nodded. "Can I have a kiss?"

"I dunno, can you?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"May I?" She asked in a playful tone.

"Yeah." I said and leaned up, pecking her lips.

"Stop smoking." She said and shook her head. "Your breath smells horrendous."

"Sorry." I mumbled and handed her my pack of cigarettes off the coffee table.

"Thank you, now go brush your teeth please." She said and kissed my head before walking back to the kitchen. I slowly pulled myself off the couch and sighed. I slowly walked towards the bathroom, holding onto the wall for support. I picked my toothbrush up and spread toothpaste across the bristles before shoving it in my mouth and brushing the lingering cigarette taste out of my mouth. I rinsed my mouth out with water and sighed, setting my toothbrush down. I limped out of the bathroom and to the living room, falling onto the couch.

"Babe?" I asked quietly after a few minutes.

"Hm?" I heard Camila hum.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and rubbed my eyes.

"For what?" She asked and near at my head. I laid my head into her lap and shrugged.

"Bring so much trouble." I said and rubbed her knee.

"Baby it's fine. I don't care how much trouble you are I still love you." She said and gently tugged at my hair.

I groaned softly as she tugged at my hair. "Don't do that."

"Sorry." Camila said and let go.

"I-its just, Austin almost tore my entire fucking scalp off." I said and shook my head. "God I'm so stupid."

"Sit up, now." She demanded and I obeyed. "You're not stupid, he beat and raped you, what were you supposed to do enjoy it?" She asked and I shook my head. "Exactly. He is much bigger than you and you're in horrible shape. Baby it's okay." She whispered the last part.

"What do you mean 'horrible shape'?" I asked and she raised an eyebrow.

"You just got out of the hospital babe." She said and I nodded in realization. I looked over to my phone after it dinged a few times.

Frangi-Pan: I'm walking in

I smiled sadly as I heard the front door open and Camila pecked my lips. "I'm going out for a little while, I'll be back soon." She said and stood, walking to the door.