t w e n t y s e v e n

That day at school had been the most tedious in a long time, and yet one of the best. Me and Peter shared glances all through classes and as passing through the halls, but it wasn't until lunch when he held my hand in the cafeteria. We didn't turn many heads because we didn't have that kind of status at school, yet I could have sworn I saw Flash clench his fist by his side.

We passed Michelle who as usual had her nose glued to the book in front of her, yet without removing her eyes she raised her arm and gave us a thumbs up as if we had proved a great public service by holding hands, making Peter and I smile in unison.

He pulled me over to sit with him and Ned, who saw us approaching with a ginormous grin on his face.

"Shut up, Ned." Peter returned the smile as we sat opposite Ned.

"I didn't say anything!" He held up his hands in defence. "But I have to admit, I'm so relived you guys are finally together." He looked to me, "You know how long this guy has been fawning over you?"

Beside me I noticed Peter mouthing something to Ned, frantically shaking his head, nevertheless, this didn't stop it.

"He's been obsessed with you since you walked through those doors on the first day." Ned blurted it out as if it was a secret he was holding in for years.

"Hey Ned, shut up." Peter said between his teeth, only making me laugh in response.

"We'll discuss this later." He winked in my direction.

"No you won't." Peter chuckled sarcastically.

I glanced from a nervous looking Peter to Ned, a mischievous smile etching on my lips, "I want to know every detail."

***************************************

That day, Peter told me he had patrol after school, so I walked home alone. At least that's what I planned.

"Mind some company?"

I turned to the source of the voice. It was a boy from my history class. I recognised him as the one who sat two seats in front of me.

Harrison, I believe his name was.

"Not at all." I smiled, pulling out my earphones and tucking them into my jacket pocket.

"Long day, huh?" He gave a crooked smile.

"Yeah, I'm feel like going to sleep as soon as I get home."

"I wish I could say the same." He chuckled. "But I need to finish that essay for this week."

I groaned. "I completely forgot about that." Now I remember that I was supposed to do it the other night, but instead I went to go save Peter's ass.

"That doesn't sound like you."

"It's been a...busy week." I sighed.

"Well, if you want we could work on it together? I'm almost done with mine so I could help yo-"

We both abruptly stopped in our tracks as two feet landed before us.

"Excuse me, miss, is this guy bothering you?"

I rolled my eyes as Peter spoke from behind the mask, arms crossed over his chest.