f o u r t e e n

Peter's lips steadily moved against mine, the tip of his nose tickling against my cheek as raindrops trickled down our faces. His hands slipped away from the grasp of my wrists and firmly placed them on my back, bringing me in that little bit closer.

I'd always assumed the idea of first kisses with someone to be petty and ridiculos. But this one truly did feel sensational. Peter kissed me ever so softly, yet with just the right firmness to make me feel safe under that little willow tree.

What felt like minutes was only a few seconds; we pulled away simultaneously, both reddened by the experience, yet in awe at the sight of each other. I suddenly began to feel the coolness of the evening air again, already missing the warmth of us together.

The corners of my mouth curled up into a smile, as Peter echoed my motions, grinning from ear to ear. Despite the sogginess of our clothes and the chilly damp aroma of the night, the moment was imperfectly beautiful.

His chest raised as he took a deep breath, as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders, leaving him elated.

My next words just slipped out, but I had a feeling I was supposed to say them in my head. "About time, Parker."

But to my relief, he chuckled in response. "About time." He dipped his head into a nod, holding his gaze strongly with mine.

Peters hands jumped off my back and back to his sides when my phone bleeped, which only amused me. No matter how secure he had just made me feel, how he held me with just the right firmness, he was still, well... Peter Parker.

The message on my phone read 'mom', the usual text of concern about where I was and how long I was going to be. She knew I was out with Peter, but I could understand her worry nevertheless.

"Um, maybe we should head back." I used the sleeve of his jacket to dab my face of rain water the best I could. No doubt I looked like a drowned rat right about now.

"Good idea," then his grin stretched to show his perfect row of teeth, "I cant feel my toes." We both shared a brief laugh, before leaving the comfort of the willow tree.

The comparison between our walk there and the walk back home was extraoridary. The nerousness was gone, and was filled with bright anticipation and stomach butterflies. Making it back to our building, we stopped in front our opposing doors, our feet squelching with each step.

"Hey look," he began, "I'm sorry if I was a little forward back then, I just-"

There he was. The chivalouris Peter we all knew and loved. However, once in a while, he needed to know that being confident and forward was complelety acceptable. And the timing was impeccable. So I took a piece of my own advice.

With a large step forward, I tiptoed up slightly to his height and pressed my lips against his for a mere second, before backing away once more.

"Stop apologising." I have to sheepishgly admit: I was getting used to how nice his soft lips felt agsint mine.

With that, both us teens stepped into our apartments, and with a soft close of two doors it was without a doubt that we both slept with stupid smiles on our faces that night.

~

The next day, I walked to school with those same butterflies swarming inside me. The anticipation of seeing a certain brown haired boy was driving me crazy.

It all came crashing to realsity when I saw him in physics that morning. He hadn't seen me come in as he was preoccupied with his laptop screen. I took my regular seat which was next to him, and opened with the most generic opening known to man, "Hi."

"Hey." Peter chirped, immediately shutting his laptop screen like he was afraid that I would see something I shoudnt have. His eyes averted down to the stash of tissues in my backpack and then to the redness of my nose. "Oh no." he trailed off.

"Oh yes." I nodded, sniffling. "I caught a minor cold. Apparently, I have the weakest immune system ever."

"I'll find a way to make it up to you." said Peter.

"Well, you still owe me an ice cream." I began taking the books out of my backpack.

"Oh yeah," He said as if admitting to his mistake from last night. "How about tonight?"

"I can't tonight. I have a history project due in tomorrow and I'm not even half way through it." It was a bummer actually. I really wanted to spend time with Peter; which was odd. I considered myself to be someone who was absolutely contempt with my own company, but recently, I wanted nothing but his company.

Then he replied with the perfect answer. "I can help you with it, if you want?" he raised an eyebrow, resting his warm eyes on me.

"That'd be great, come over around seven." I lowered my voice half way through as the teacher began clearing her throat in preparation for a drowsy class talk. I didn't really know where this whole thing with me and Peter was going, I just knew that I liked where it was going.

~

A knock at my bedroom door made me move from my computer desk and open it to reveal just the person I wanted to see. However my attention moved to the big Ben and Jerry's tub and two spoons in his hand.

"You brought ice cream!" My eyes lit up with glee.

"Chocolate brownie, your favourite if I recall." Of course, Uncle Ben used to buy that flavour just for me when he knew I was coming over for dinner, but I was shocked to find out that he rememebered over all these years.

"I'm impressed." I smirked, opening the door wider, letting in the coffee haired teen.

And so began what you could call: Peter and Violet's second date.