Pinky Promise (chap 25)

Elsa's POV

"Elsa Winters. I promise that I will always be by your side when you need me. I promise that I will always be there for you, but only if you also promise me" Jack said

Maybe, maybe just this once, would I go with the part of me that cheered me on. The part of me that tried to convince me that there might be a happy ending

I was shaking furiously.

All my memories flooding back. The most painless ones and the most painful ones.

I didn't know why, but I slowly raised my pinky, watching it shake furiously in front of me.

Our pinkies slowly intertwined.

Jack's POV

This time I was determined to keep this promise.

I looked straight into Elsa's eyes.

For the first time in forever, she smiled at me.

Even if it was the smallest smile, it was a smile. Elsa was still shaking.

I could tell she was scared. Scared of trusting me. Scared that I would break my promise. Our promise.

We sat for a few seconds, with out pinkies curled up against each other. Just staring at each other.

I fixed it. I fixed the promise. Now I needed to fix our trust.

Then the door creaked open

Anna's POV

Oookaaayyy

So I come downstairs to check on my sister. I mean, her little sister just took a bullet for her! I wanted to see if she was ok!

And the first thing I see is my sister, with Jack Frost in her bed. ALONE!

I noticed their pinkies were intertwined. Their heads shot toward me.

"What the heck is going on here!" I yelled/whispered. I didn't want to wake everyone up.

"Calm down Anna, nothing happened" Elsa said.

I went over to Jack and grabbed his ear then pulled him out of the room

"ow ow ow OW!" Jack winced.

"What's up with you and my sister?!"

"N-Nothing! I-I just needed to fix something. Something that I broke a long time ago" Jack's expression softened

"What did you need to fix?"

"A promise"

I didn't need to know anymore. Promises are what kept me alive.

I let Jack go to his room, then I walked into Elsa's room.

She was still sitting in the same position, staring at her pinky finger. Shaking.

"Hey Els? You okay?" I asked

She lifted her head, still shaking. Then nodded.

I felt as if she needed some time alone. So I left to my room.

Elsa's POV

I didn't know how to handle it. Everything swirled inside of me.

My soul couldn't handle it. I stared at my pinky. So many promises that I couldn't keep, but so many that I've kept for so long, long enough that even the person who I'd made the promise to has forgotten.

He promised me. And I promised him.

But so many promises broken. He was the first one to mend one.