The Capitol

Wylan

We. Are. Going. To. Die. Not to be pessimistic, but not all of them could possibly survive. Within an hour, he had figured out how to use the screen at the end of the bed, and he knew exactly what was going on. But he wished he didn't. One person was leaving the arena. And it wouldn't be Wylan. He could only hope it would be one of the others. It stood to reason that they were there with him. It was just logic. They had all been together when it happened. 

It had been so random. One moment, they were all standing in their tomb, and the next they were here. Why it had happened, Wylan could not imagine. As he felt the train beginning to slow, he rushed to the window to see where he was. It was overwhelming. Crazy multi-coloured people in an impossible city. Ketterdam was crowded, but it was here that Wylan was aware of the sheer number of people. People were especially crowded around the train, and Wylan waved at them smiling softly. Then a voice behind him mewled,

"Wy, Wy. Up, up." Wylan sighed. That was a problem. He was stuck with a two year old. Who would also die. How could anyone be so cruel? Even Kaz wouldn't do that. At least, Wylan didn't think Kaz would. How could anyone tell? He turned, and picked Ada up to the window. She looked out, then exclaimed,

"Pwittie!" Wylan assumed this was the same as pretty. "Fwood!" Wylan laughed, and carried her over to the buffet table. If only he'd been allowed to watch the reaping from the other districts. Although, if the information he had found was correct, he'd soon find out today. He looked out considering Ada's response to the city. He supposed it was pretty in a silly pretentious way. Ada was thin enough to be able to count each of her ribs, even though she ate whenever she was awake. Or here she did. To Wylan, this was only proof that though three-year-olds starved in the districts, the Capitol didn't even pay any notice, with all it's big buildings and vibrant people.He could almost hear Jesper's response. You really need to find yourself some better friends. 

"Wy, Wy. Why ooo no ea ea?" 

"I'm not hungry." And it was true. He wasn't. Since getting here, Wylan had been too anxious for hunger. Ada didn't get that though. Of course she didn't. Then a voice from a "loudspeaker" said,

"We are now departing the train. Please keep away from the crowd, and enter the building. There they will begin preparing you." For what? The games? That didn't even make sense. Why was it that whenever Wylan was given facts, there were always a billion more questions. That was life, he supposed. Still though, it would be nice to sit down and be told all the answers. Like that was going to happen. 

The doors opened, and Wylan and Ada stepped out onto a walkway. The crowd on either side was dizzying, and he had to restrain himself from turning and gaping. A woman with spikes instead of hair beckoned, and Wylan rushed in.

Six of Crows characters in the Hunger Gamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें